Software update wishlist

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
Probably already mentioned somewhere in this thread, but:
1. Accelerating past 85mph in FSD should not give me the red handcuffs. Sometimes you're cruising along at the limits of FSD (85mph) and need to accelerate out of a tight spot. FSD should simply return you to manual control. I don't see a good reason for penalizing me here.
2. Give me an easy way to shut off the rear vents. I just did a 3700-mile trip where I had a small refrigerator and some crates in the back seat. The weight caused the car to think I had passengers back there, and I had to latch the seatbelts to stop a warning there. Weight also caused the vent to run for the entire trip.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Probably already mentioned somewhere in this thread, but:
1. Accelerating past 85mph in FSD should not give me the red handcuffs. Sometimes you're cruising along at the limits of FSD (85mph) and need to accelerate out of a tight spot. FSD should simply return you to manual control. I don't see a good reason for penalizing me here.
2. Give me an easy way to shut off the rear vents. I just did a 3700-mile trip where I had a small refrigerator and some crates in the back seat. The weight caused the car to think I had passengers back there, and I had to latch the seatbelts to stop a warning there. Weight also caused the vent to run for the entire trip.
1. Ok but how ironic, I'd like rear vents to be always on by default, at least when temperatures are above 30°C.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Put something heavy on a rear seat, and the vents will stay on the entire drive.
Thank you, leaving anything visible in a parked car is never a smart idea. I'd rather short-circuit the seat weight sensor and probably latching the seatbelts would achieve the same.
I just set them on automatically as soon as I remember how overengineered is the aircon system on such stupid things, while it's under-engineered on other more important aspects (e.g. why bother closing the vent for the passenger if there is no passenger? It's not even for battery saving, there's no separate motor - if it was, they would allow setting different speeds for front seats, like it is with the rear seats).

CongressDJ

Sep 11, 2024
Wish: Programmed height setting for Model Y trunk opening dependent on location. Example: it’s set lower for my garage, but I would love for it to open fully when I’m out and about.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Wish: Programmed height setting for Model Y trunk opening dependent on location. Example: it’s set lower for my garage, but I would love for it to open fully when I’m out and about.
Already on my wishlist 🙃 actually, what I would like now is the car avoiding to open the trunk if the distance from a wall is not judged enough. In the garage, just few days ago, they opened the trunk to catch the charger, and they didn't realize it was too close. The car should know it and act upon.

twerktapetony

Sep 14, 2024
Auto Capitalization in Messages

I’m sure it’s been mentioned - but how is it we have constant updates and some of the best (arguably the best) software out there and my message responses make me look like a child with zero capitalization in responses - surely Tesla can do a better job with the voice-to-text model.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Auto Capitalization in Messages

I’m sure it’s been mentioned - but how is it we have constant updates and some of the best (arguably the best) software out there and my message responses make me look like a child with zero capitalization in responses - surely Tesla can do a better job with the voice-to-text model.
Actually never used messages. Voice control is quite behind in general. Not that I use it much, but I would expect more from Tesla. Last time I asked to raise the volume it blew the speakers to 100.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Disable users and keeps via app
The car owner profile should be able to disable lost/stolen keys as well as other users remotely, preventing the car to be stolen - i.e. not requiring the car for such disablement.

Oct 17, 2023
California
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it would be great if you could set the app to start charging based on when you're leaving the next day. For example, if you're going on a road trip and need a full battery but don’t want it sitting overnight (which we all know is one of the worst things you can do—second only to slamming the frunk 🤣).

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Schedule a charge target
Would be great being able to schedule a charge: on this day, by this time, I need this percentage (and possibly also conditioning). Not just start and end, literally let the car predict the ETA and act according.
Yep. Differently worded, but good to see I'm not the only one needing it.

Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Gospel

Apr 19, 2024
Enable Boombox Microphone automatically during Actually Smart Summon, allowing users to make announcements like, 'Move along, nothing to see here.

• Wow

Rfried4987

Sep 26, 2024
The browser should have memory, or allow for multitasking. I put the car in reverse and the backup camera shows. Then back into drive and the browser is gone. I click on it again and it loads like loading for the first time.

Rfried4987

Sep 26, 2024
Connect other apps like Slack it would be great if we could see push notifications like we do with CarPlay. People will stop asking for CarPlay if you add some of its features. Whenever I look at consumer reports on any Tesla the “con” is always No CarPlay.

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
This one is hard to describe, but seems a bug in Tesla's FSD speed control. I go on a freeway where everyone goes 80mph steadily. However, the speed limit drops to 65 from 75 in a couple of places. When I get to the 65mph zone, I'm going 80, by overriding my normal '10 over'. That is, when I enter a 65mph zone my max speed is automatically set to 75. In this place I dial that up to 80.

Now the thing is, a second 65mph zone on top of the first one occurs, and even though the speed limit shown in the car is already 65mph, the car resets as if it's just starting a new 65 zone - and my max speed suddenly drops back to 65, and the car start slowing drastically. (Sometimes I'm doing 85 here, and again, everyone else is doing 80 or so, with just me suddenly slowing down.)

So - if I've overridden my max speed limit and I just enter another, identical, speed limit, please don't reset my overide speed. Just keep it where it already was.

(This happens on the 101 east at the 51 interchange in north Phoenix.)

M3 Diablo

Oct 8, 2024
Expand the customization and visualization capabilities of the car in the app and on the main screen.

Add:

- The ability to change the color of rims and brake calipers

- The ability to adjust the color and intensity of window tinting (make it darker or more transparent)

- The ability to add or remove a spoiler (for example, I purchased one separately)

- For example I also purchased the official Aero Wheel Cap Kit for 18” rims without covers, but I can’t customize this

- Maybe add or remove mudflaps (both front and rear)

I think many would appreciate if the app and the main screen displayed the car exactly as it is in real time. Since Tesla was one of the first to have their car linked to an app, I believe it would be great for them to perfect this, especially for people who purchase official accessories for their car.

It likely wouldn’t be very difficult from a technical standpoint, as there’s already a colorizer feature where you can change the car’s color. So I think it just needs to be suggested to the developers, and perhaps they’ll take notice.

Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR
Oct 17, 2023
California
Expand the customization and visualization capabilities of the car in the app and on the main screen.

Add:

- The ability to change the color of rims and brake calipers

- The ability to adjust the color and intensity of window tinting (make it darker or more transparent)

- The ability to add or remove a spoiler (for example, I purchased one separately)

- For example I also purchased the official Aero Wheel Cap Kit for 18” rims without covers, but I can’t customize this

- Maybe add or remove mudflaps (both front and rear)

I think many would appreciate if the app and the main screen displayed the car exactly as it is in real time. Since Tesla was one of the first to have their car linked to an app, I believe it would be great for them to perfect this, especially for people who purchase official accessories for their car.

It likely wouldn’t be very difficult from a technical standpoint, as there’s already a colorizer feature where you can change the car’s color. So I think it just needs to be suggested to the developers, and perhaps they’ll take notice.
I 1,000% agree. I feel like we should be able to edit more than just the color of the car.

Reactions: M3 Diablo

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
ETA for charge, too difficult?
Why do we have to rely on 3rd party apps to get obvious informations such as estimated time for charge end, instead of / in addition to the time to go? For fast charging it is irrelevant, but on slow charging, when it's about hours, even 24+...
This obviously connects with the requirement of being able to schedule / auto throttle charging to 100% based on the estimated ETA, to avoid keeping the battery at 100% for too long.