Software update wishlist

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Automatic defensive horn at low speeds.

In a congested parking lot someone began to back out of their parking spot almost hitting my rear passenger fender. Luckily, I saw this in my passenger side mirror and blew my horn inches before a collision.
The week prior in the same congested parking lot someone put their car in reverse and I just happened to see their reverse light and beeped my horn as a warning before they could back into my rear passenger side door.

Tesla should add a feature where the car senses these events and automatically responds appropriately with a long horn or several short horns. This would also be helpful when using Actually Smart Summon (ASS) where you are even more vulnerable to such collisions.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Happened something similar to me. Some geniuses enter their car on the opposite side of the parking of a charging stall. They go backwards without looking, only without realizing that meanwhile I had parked the car. I was speaking with a person near my car and we saw it moving with a loud bump.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: KRS1983

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Fix Mirror Auto Tilt

Mirrors do not return to saved tilt position when backing up to avoid scraping rims on curb. Tesla Vision alone is not precise enough to park close to the curb.

See screenshot of latest Tesla Manual for Model S

BTW....My 2004 BMW has this feature and it works flawlessly...lol
Looks like Tesla has an update on the way to enable saving the position of mirror tilt in reverse. Soon I can remove my curb scrapers. 😅

Screenshot 2024-10-12 at 07.09.33.pngiw5qbx1x7ui31.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Double click on Trunk for delayed closure.
In absence of voice commands, it would be great if we could "arm" the trunk closure so it's executed after we left. Either by sensing that the key is away or at least with a customizable delay in seconds. Otherwise a powered trunk is a mere circus trick, if it literally doesn't close by itself when yout hands are full.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Looks like Tesla has an update on the way to enable saving the position of mirror tilt in reverse. Soon I can remove my curb scrapers. 😅

View attachment 293View attachment 294
This is actually weird. Both on my previous M3 and the new highland I always found that both mirrors actually went down just right on reverse. The only annoying thing is that I wouldn't want the left mirror to go down if I'm parking right, and viceversa. This could be handled by turning arrows, but nowadays the car is capable of recognizing where the curb is.

Reactions: KRS1983

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
This is actually weird. Both on my previous M3 and the new highland I always found that both mirrors actually went down just right on reverse. The only annoying thing is that I wouldn't want the left mirror to go down if I'm parking right, and viceversa. This could be handled by turning arrows, but nowadays the car is capable of recognizing where the curb is.
That's a great idea where the turn signal while in reverse tilts the appropriate mirror down.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
That's a great idea where the turn signal while in reverse tilts the appropriate mirror down.
Yes I actually hate when both go down, you don't see bycicles, car, pedestrians, etc. precisely on the side you would need the most... of course we have cameras, but sometimes going rearwards only the rear camera is shown. Also, there are many artifacts on Tesla vision... literally ghosts :-D