Software update wishlist

Oct 17, 2023
California
Not sure if this was mentioned or not but for basic AP can we PLEASE get something to improve the acceleration in S&G traffic 😭 maybe watch and learn, or S&G mode ANYTHING! I turned off FSD for just basic AP and we can to a stop and it was accelerating like we were on a drag strip. Maybe it feels different now because I went from 0-60 in 5 seconds to 0-60 in 2.0 seconds but never the less it is so uncomfortable, and even if you set the speed to 25 mph (40kmh) it races to 25 then brakes. I wish it would also just inch up and not just sit there leaving room. Anyone know if Tesla is working on this?

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Not sure if this was mentioned or not but for basic AP can we PLEASE get something to improve the acceleration in S&G traffic 😭 maybe watch and learn, or S&G mode ANYTHING! I turned off FSD for just basic AP and we can to a stop and it was accelerating like we were on a drag strip. Maybe it feels different now because I went from 0-60 in 5 seconds to 0-60 in 2.0 seconds but never the less it is so uncomfortable, and even if you set the speed to 25 mph (40kmh) it races to 25 then brakes. I wish it would also just inch up and not just sit there leaving room. Anyone know if Tesla is working on this?
Yes already mentioned, sometimes it works fine, sometimes it accelerates and stops like a drunk idiot.

Last edited:

jonesw67

Jun 26, 2024
Auto delete old recordings on disk full
Why do we need to delete old files manually for sentry mode? There has to be at least a selectable option to enable automatic deletion based on creation date, like every DVR on the market.
Would also need an option to lock specific recordings so that they can’t be auto deleted.

Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Headlights on BEFORE tunnels
Would be great if Vision anticipated by turning the headlights knowing that a tunnel is approaching, rather than 50 meters already in, something all other light-sensor equipped vehicles wouldn't be able to replicate...

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Turn sentry on/off by app as within car's menu
I'm not referring to switching sentry on/off with the red recording icon.
If someone moves the car, when closed sentry resumes the general setting, overriding the last.
So, if you give the car to someone (e.g. car valet), and you have sentry off in the car setting, even if you turn it on, every time they move it it will remain off. And viceversa. So once you leave the car, the only way to rectify this is: getting back to the car. Unpracticable.

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Allow your Tesla profile's subscriptions to transfer to a rented Tesla. I rented a Tesla from Hertz connected my profile and my FSD and Premium Connectivity did NOT transfer to the car. Many of my other profile settings were actually present. I figure that could drive more demand for renting them.

• Love
Reactions: RNHurt

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Allow your Tesla profile's subscriptions to transfer to a rented Tesla. I rented a Tesla from Hertz connected my profile and my FSD and Premium Connectivity did NOT transfer to the car. Many of my other profile settings were actually present. I figure that could drive more demand for renting them.
Well renting a car and believing you could also have your FSD seems a bit naive (not only because your car might be in use), as they barely / rarely allow FSD transfer between purchases. All the rest makes sense, it's an extension of user profiles. Wonder how a Tesla rental works: do they give you only the key cards or also allow temporary app use?

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Well renting a car and believing you could also have your FSD seems a bit naive (not only because your car might be in use), as they barely / rarely allow FSD transfer between purchases. All the rest makes sense, it's an extension of user profiles. Wonder how a Tesla rental works: do they give you only the key cards or also allow temporary app use?
Hertz gave me a key card enclosed in a plastic case and or course I simply used the card to authorize my phone's access. With exception of FSD and Premium Connection the experience was pretty much like my car. I imagine if I had a Model 3 even the mirrors, seat and steering wheel would have automatically adjusted for me. I was even able to do an SW update for them.

As for FSD, I say that because FSD is nothing more than existing software toggled on or off in the car. In this case it's temporary for the duration of the rental and removed once you remove the vehicle from the app. FSD was actually enabled on a Sixt Model Y I rented in Germany with no profiles loaded.

Oct 17, 2023
California
Hertz gave me a key card enclosed in a plastic case and or course I simply used the card to authorize my phone's access. With exception of FSD and Premium Connection the experience was pretty much like my car. I imagine if I had a Model 3 even the mirrors, seat and steering wheel would have automatically adjusted for me. I was even able to do an SW update for them.

As for FSD, I say that because FSD is nothing more than existing software toggled on or off in the car. In this case it's temporary for the duration of the rental and removed once you remove the vehicle from the app. FSD was actually enabled on a Sixt Model Y I rented in Germany with no profiles loaded.
The reason the car in Germany had FSD is becaise it was purchased for that vehicle. So you wouldn’t need to load any profiles because the vehicle itself has FSD. And like @K.I.T.T. said earlier Tesla barely lets you transfer FSD between cars that you purchase so they wouldn’t do it for rentals in which they are not affiliated with.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
The reason the car in Germany had FSD is becaise it was purchased for that vehicle. So you wouldn’t need to load any profiles because the vehicle itself has FSD. And like @K.I.T.T. said earlier Tesla barely lets you transfer FSD between cars that you purchase so they wouldn’t do it for rentals in which they are not affiliated with.
Yes of course FSD was purchased by the rental company for that specific vehicle. As an IT systems engineer for decades, trust me I get those points.

It's not a technical limitation to temporarily transfer FSD or Premium Connectivity to any Tesla you sit in via your profile. Technically it's a setting on Tesla's FSD server. The root issue that prevents FSD from following your profile is policy. You may recall at Tesla’s 2024 Annual Stockholder Meeting Elon when pressed granted an extension of FSD owner transfers. And just recently everyone got a free month to test FSD. It's a policy decision not a technical limitation. Similarly, I can log on any hotel smart TV and watch all my Hulu, Amazon or Netflix purchased movies via my subscriptions. Same theory for FSD subscription. Tesla could go even further to temporarily disable FSD on my car sitting in my garage to prevent FSD from being enabled on two vehicles at the same time under my profile.

Pulling on the safety aspect of FSD, Elon says FSD enabled vehicles have far more miles driven between accidents. So FSD following my profile would absolutely be in the best interests of a rental car companies who've discovered how long it takes to repair Teslas after an accident.

Last edited:

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Yes of course FSD was purchased by the rental company for that specific vehicle. As an IT systems engineer for decades, trust me I get those points.

It's not a technical limitation to temporarily transfer FSD or Premium Connectivity to any Tesla you sit in via your profile. Technically it's a setting on Tesla's FSD server. The root issue that prevents FSD from following your profile is policy. You may recall at Tesla’s 2024 Annual Stockholder Meeting Elon when pressed granted an extension of FSD owner transfers. And just recently everyone got a free month to test FSD. It's a policy decision not a technical limitation. Similarly, I can log on any hotel smart TV and watch all my Hulu, Amazon or Netflix purchased movies via my subscriptions. Same theory for FSD subscription. Tesla could go even further to temporarily disable FSD on my car sitting in my garage to prevent FSD from being enabled on two vehicles at the same time under my profile.

Pulling on the safety aspect of FSD, Elon says FSD enabled vehicles have far more miles driven between accidents. So FSD following my profile would absolutely be in the best interests of a rental car companies who've discovered how long it takes to repair Teslas after an accident.
Nobody challenges your technical knowledge. It's a pure commercial decision.

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Nobody challenges your technical knowledge. It's a pure commercial decision.
I didn't think anyone was. I was just elaborating for the benefit of all in the forum. Perhaps over-elaborating after too much coffee :)

To your point on it being a commercial decision, perhaps Elon believed more rental car companies would purchase FSD for their fleet of cars.

I just tried to rent a Tesla for my upcoming visit to Germany. It appears Teslas are no longer available in the EV fleet from any of the rental car companies. During my last visit to Germany, I turned down a free upgrade to a luxury BMW EV SUV for a Tesla Model Y.

Germanni

Aug 31, 2024
Button on screen to turn on Park Assist

Park assist turns off during parallel parking when there is no other car nearby.

As a result, putting the car in park is needed to re-engage the assist.

Or one has to keep guessing if the car is far from the curb or about too close and hit it. There's one really easy way to fix it: add a button on the screen to turn on park assist..or to keep it on.

Thank you 👍

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Button on screen to turn on Park Assist

Park assist turns off during parallel parking when there is no other car nearby.

As a result, putting the car in park is needed to re-engage the assist.

Or one has to keep guessing if the car is far from the curb or about too close and hit it. There's one really easy way to fix it: add a button on the screen to turn on park assist..or to keep it on.

Thank you 👍
Manual sayes it has said button but it does not and this would be the most useful addition even for driving slow out of a junction to see kerbs etc

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Set the volume of lock sound
Sometimes I'm scaring pedestrians with my Airbus autopilot off sound.
I know I can edit it with any app like audacity, but...

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Schedule a charge target
Would be great being able to schedule a charge: on this day, by this time, I need this percentage (and possibly also conditioning). Not just start and end, literally let the car predict the ETA and act according.