Software update wishlist

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
Similar to the one I already posted, but mine is more about recognizing the driver for profile selection, as often if you are in 2 drivers with phone keys it might pick the wrong one.
In my M3, my phone is the Default, but sometimes my wife drives. We're both in the car so she has to tell people if we are traveling, to call me. its a hassle to switch it every time.

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
Record route feature!

Simply say "record route" and drive from point A to point B using your preferred path, including specific lanes to avoid issues like waiting too long to get into the turning lane. Once you reach your destination, say "end route." The next time you travel from point A to point B, FSD will automatically follow the recorded route.
THIS, SO MUCH THIS!

Reactions: phxazcraig

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
In my M3, my phone is the Default, but sometimes my wife drives. We're both in the car so she has to tell people if we are traveling, to call me. its a hassle to switch it every time.
This is an insane limitation, no reason why they can't allow multiple phones to be connected at the same time for calls.
My wife has an iPhone and I have an Android, and for some reason even if she's passenger and her phone is on the right, she's always recognized as the driver.

Oct 17, 2023
California
If you and your wife have different profiles you can switch the default bluetooth connection. So when she drives it connects to her phone, when your drive it connects to your phone. :D

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
The ability to switch from comfort to sport on the highway automatically, or “light” > “heavy“. I usually have the steering wheel on light for city driving but I would love it if the car could automatically switch to heavy on the highway for a more responsive feel.
That's a very good one, and it's what most other manufacturers do with modern power steering.

Makes sense especially on the Highland, which has become a lot lighter in the wheel, almost disturbingly. I now keep it heavy at all times, while on the previous I kept it mid/standard.

Reactions: RNHurt

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Allow autoparking on basic autopilot

Why can't we have this basic functionality that all other vendors have, unless we add the advanced autopilot (useless in most countries)? Let's at least add it for e.g. 500USD more...
Lets sort Autopark for those that have paid for it first, but i do agree it should be on all models as standard

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Trunk opening with foot
Why don't we have this basic functionality, given that the trunk is automated anyway? There is a camera, the car knows we are in close proximity with the phone key. AI might also perceive we have bags...

EDIT: Released on 2024.14, unfortunately still for iOS only. But at least, something is moving.
No idea why My 2022 M3 shgould not have this functionality !!!

Oct 17, 2023
California
FSD route learning. Sometimes when you take a specific route even thought it make take longer or whatever, I would love it if FSD Could learn the route that you like to take. This would be great for a scenic drive that you would like to take or something. (And by FSD learning the route I mostly mean the nav learning which route)

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
FSD route learning. Sometimes when you take a specific route even thought it make take longer or whatever, I would love it if FSD Could learn the route that you like to take. This would be great for a scenic drive that you would like to take or something. (And by FSD learning the route I mostly mean the nav learning which route)
THIS!

Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Manual speed limit for autopilot / disengage
Not sure if it's about the latest version, but it has become even more annoying than before.

2 issues, connected:
- a car doesn't keep the lane, you are already passed, autopilot brakes instead of keeping the speed (or even accelerating, which is the correct evasive maneuvre)
- you counteract the braking by accelerating... strike, you're beyond the autopilot speed limit

So either they put a hard limit or we can break it by disengaging autopilot if there's torque on the steering wheel. Can't be like this, you're getting out of a dangerous reaction of the autopilot AND this leads to a strike? No way...

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
I know this isn’t useful but it would be something cool, and I know that Elon mentioned it in the past but I think it would be EXTREMELY cool if the visualizations could show other Teslas and maybe the option for you to share your colorizer to other visualizations.
Kinda like Waze shows other users....