Software update wishlist

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
FSD route learning. Sometimes when you take a specific route even thought it make take longer or whatever, I would love it if FSD Could learn the route that you like to take. This would be great for a scenic drive that you would like to take or something. (And by FSD learning the route I mostly mean the nav learning which route)
I routinely take a different route to/from my house than what FSD prescribes. The routes I take actually avoid some traffic that doesn't readily appear on a map (neighborhood baseball games on Saturday afternoons, etc.) It also avoids some bad intersections that people tend to drive through dangerously. And I just like my routes better. :)

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
"Essential bus" battery-saving mode
This "essentially" derives from aviation: when you lose the alternator, most aircrafts will have a switch to save vital juice by disabling systems that aren't vital.
We should be able to do the same, i.e. disabling at the flick of a switch everything (lights, music, rear display, connections throttling, etc.) that could otherwise worsen our situation when in emergency (unforeseen traffic, charger inoperative, reroutes, whether forced or by mistake, etc.)

Oct 17, 2023
California
"Essential bus" battery-saving mode
This "essentially" derives from aviation: when you lose the alternator, most aircrafts will have a switch to save vital juice by disabling systems that aren't vital.
We should be able to do the same, i.e. disabling at the flick of a switch everything (lights, music, rear display, connections throttling, etc.) that could otherwise worsen our situation when in emergency (unforeseen traffic, charger inoperative, reroutes, whether forced or by mistake, etc.)
Yes, this would be great for road trips and you want to be sure your going to make it that last stretch to a supercharger, and even just in general it would be very useful

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Recorded Path Parking

In my BMW 7 series you can record the way you park and then saves it so it can do it again later. I have found this usefully because Where i live you have to backup up a specific way and have used to 99% of the time.

I included I video I found from YT:

Recorded Path Parking

Impressive to see what competitors developed recently. Really seems like Tesla needs to catch up quite a lot, 3D Parking View would be great to have. Maybe this will come in an update, and thats Teslas Advantage. Full Features for free per OTA Update

Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
One thing I would like added is the parking view to appear on a button press or by travelling very slow ie 2mph, as it only appears when approaching an object or by selecting reverse, i think when forward parking its a real asset to have the view to show the car park space lines

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
One thing I would like added is the parking view to appear on a button press or by travelling very slow ie 2mph, as it only appears when approaching an object or by selecting reverse, i think when forward parking its a real asset to have the view to show the car park space lines
I was thinking the same just recently. Even the dumbest car does that. They should just repeat what they were doing when USS were still a thing, i.e. assume you need eagle-eye view when going slow, that wouldn't bother even if you didn't. The opposite... does.

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
Fix Mirror Auto Tilt

Mirrors do not return to saved tilt position when backing up to avoid scraping rims on curb. Tesla Vision alone is not precise enough to park close to the curb.

See screenshot of latest Tesla Manual for Model S

BTW....My 2004 BMW has this feature and it works flawlessly...lol

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 07.27.09.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 07.27.09.png
    308.5 KB · Views: 4

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Fix Mirror Auto Tilt

Mirrors do not return to saved tilt position when backing up to avoid scraping rims on curb. Tesla Vision alone is not precise enough to park close to the curb.

I didn't get it. True that Tesla Vision is utter cr*p compared to real cameras and mirrors, but almost 3 years now and they always tilted down and up as stored. I'll go check it tomorrow, as you made me realize I was under the impression that also the passenger mirror would tilt down. Perhaps I got hallucinations :)

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
I didn't get it. True that Tesla Vision is utter cr*p compared to real cameras and mirrors, but almost 3 years now and they always tilted down and up as stored. I'll go check it tomorrow, as you made me realize I was under the impression that also the passenger mirror would tilt down. Perhaps I got hallucinations :)
Recommend testing your tilt. Try to save your mirrors to tilt down and inward to view your passenger side rear tire while in reverse. Mine just keeps tilting to the factory tilt position.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Yes I'll check. Actually something I noticed missing is the opposite. Of course we have cameras and all that fancy stuff, but on "normal cars" you can also override the downward tilt at the flick of a switch, when looking after the side is more important than looking for curbs. On Tesla we would need to fiddle all along the touchscreen, something between impossible and demential, as we would also lose sight of cameras, so obviously not an option.

Reactions: KRS1983
Oct 17, 2023
California
Fix Mirror Auto Tilt

It’s funny because on my Tesla I feel like they never tilt when I need them to even though I have the feature enabled 😂😂

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
So I checked, while confirming I didn't have hallucinations on the driver's mirror tilting as well, seems I can no longer find a way to preset the tilt. If I go R I cannot open the car menu at all, let alone the mirror configuration, and from the latter if I put reverse it just disappears.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Turn reminder when navigation audio disabled
I belong to the category of drivers who can't stand navigation voice assistance.
Still, it would be great if we could have a gentle audio/visual nudge when, on the highway, we're in the farthest lane (probably just distracted) and an exit is expected shortly. Kind of predicting from our behavior that we would miss it.
Or, simpler: just beep when after having driven for miles straight, a turn is expected.

Reactions: KRS1983

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Fix Mirror Auto Tilt

Here we go. On the current M3 manual it appears to be temporalily unavailable.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240625_092313_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240625_092313_Chrome.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 2

KRS1983

Apr 2, 2023
So I checked, while confirming I didn't have hallucinations on the driver's mirror tilting as well, seems I can no longer find a way to preset the tilt. If I go R I cannot open the car menu at all, let alone the mirror configuration, and from the latter if I put reverse it just disappears.
That's very strange. Have you tried looking at the latest manual online to see if the feature has been removed? The reverse tilt was added to the manual for my Model S over a year ago but never mentioned as a new feature.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
That's very strange. Have you tried looking at the latest manual online to see if the feature has been removed? The reverse tilt was added to the manual for my Model S over a year ago but never mentioned as a new feature.
I guess you can read the next post. The feature is no longer there.

Oct 17, 2023
California
I’ve had my S Plaid for 2 days and I already want something changed 😂 but I want the MS to have the new center screen visulization like on the M3 and MY. And I know that it already exists on the instrument panel but I wouldnt mind seeing it twice because it just makes the car feel so luxurious!