Software update wishlist

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
Probably already mentioned somewhere in this thread, but:
1. Accelerating past 85mph in FSD should not give me the red handcuffs. Sometimes you're cruising along at the limits of FSD (85mph) and need to accelerate out of a tight spot. FSD should simply return you to manual control. I don't see a good reason for penalizing me here.
2. Give me an easy way to shut off the rear vents. I just did a 3700-mile trip where I had a small refrigerator and some crates in the back seat. The weight caused the car to think I had passengers back there, and I had to latch the seatbelts to stop a warning there. Weight also caused the vent to run for the entire trip.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Probably already mentioned somewhere in this thread, but:
1. Accelerating past 85mph in FSD should not give me the red handcuffs. Sometimes you're cruising along at the limits of FSD (85mph) and need to accelerate out of a tight spot. FSD should simply return you to manual control. I don't see a good reason for penalizing me here.
2. Give me an easy way to shut off the rear vents. I just did a 3700-mile trip where I had a small refrigerator and some crates in the back seat. The weight caused the car to think I had passengers back there, and I had to latch the seatbelts to stop a warning there. Weight also caused the vent to run for the entire trip.
1. Ok but how ironic, I'd like rear vents to be always on by default, at least when temperatures are above 30°C.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Put something heavy on a rear seat, and the vents will stay on the entire drive.
Thank you, leaving anything visible in a parked car is never a smart idea. I'd rather short-circuit the seat weight sensor and probably latching the seatbelts would achieve the same.
I just set them on automatically as soon as I remember how overengineered is the aircon system on such stupid things, while it's under-engineered on other more important aspects (e.g. why bother closing the vent for the passenger if there is no passenger? It's not even for battery saving, there's no separate motor - if it was, they would allow setting different speeds for front seats, like it is with the rear seats).

CongressDJ

Sep 11, 2024
Wish: Programmed height setting for Model Y trunk opening dependent on location. Example: it’s set lower for my garage, but I would love for it to open fully when I’m out and about.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Wish: Programmed height setting for Model Y trunk opening dependent on location. Example: it’s set lower for my garage, but I would love for it to open fully when I’m out and about.
Already on my wishlist 🙃 actually, what I would like now is the car avoiding to open the trunk if the distance from a wall is not judged enough. In the garage, just few days ago, they opened the trunk to catch the charger, and they didn't realize it was too close. The car should know it and act upon.

twerktapetony

Sep 14, 2024
Auto Capitalization in Messages

I’m sure it’s been mentioned - but how is it we have constant updates and some of the best (arguably the best) software out there and my message responses make me look like a child with zero capitalization in responses - surely Tesla can do a better job with the voice-to-text model.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Auto Capitalization in Messages

I’m sure it’s been mentioned - but how is it we have constant updates and some of the best (arguably the best) software out there and my message responses make me look like a child with zero capitalization in responses - surely Tesla can do a better job with the voice-to-text model.
Actually never used messages. Voice control is quite behind in general. Not that I use it much, but I would expect more from Tesla. Last time I asked to raise the volume it blew the speakers to 100.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Disable users and keeps via app
The car owner profile should be able to disable lost/stolen keys as well as other users remotely, preventing the car to be stolen - i.e. not requiring the car for such disablement.