The latest 2024.20.1 update on my tesla disables the additional CarPlay-type screen.

eisenbri

Jun 21, 2024
You absolutely must contact the seller to get the right fix, otherwise it will block your device.
I have exactly the same Catronics device as you in my 2023 Model Y. AMD chip, 9 inch display. I am happy to try whatever file they sent you. Alternatively, please share how you contacted them to get such a fast response. Thanks!

traxxmaxx

Jun 21, 2024
Hello, the fix didn't work for me. After the update, the screen shows a partial and also inverted image...
Hi

I have the same problem after update the screen :(

Have you a fix ? I try to contact the seller but no respond at this time :(

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2024-06-21 144102.png
    Capture d’écran 2024-06-21 144102.png
    611.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
Try this file. If you have an upside down screen you try the second file that I will send you. There is also a video showing the installation method.

eisenbri

Jun 21, 2024
Tried this but when I plug in my USBC device with the file, the system upgrade check box never comes up on the screen. Can the files be in the root of the drive or do they need to be in a folder?

Last edited:

eisenbri

Jun 21, 2024
Hi all, the fix will depend on the exact type of display you have. Based on the picture you posted, it looks like you have the same one I have. I contacted Hansshow and they sent me a file which is an older firmware and told me to install it, and then use the OTA (you need WiFi) to update to the latest firmware. The solution worked.

Please note that I didn't even use the file they sent me, I have a collection of firmware updates I have done for my display so I just used a firmware version that I had that was very close to the one they sent me (they sent me MCU V0.3.18 but the update I used that I had with me was the 3.19 instead). Then I did the OTA update and everything works correctly again.

The reason to go backwards on the firmware is to be able to see the display again (the Tesla update made the display impossible to see anything or very bad image and cannot interact with it). Once you are downgraded, the display works again, but it has issues with the battery and range showing very wrong numbers (I had 75% battery but the display said 205% and best one, over 10 thousand miles range!! I wish!!!). So, once you can work on the display, you can connect it to your WiFi (I use my phone hot spot) and then do an OTA update. Make sure to select the ORIGINAL theme first. Once done, everything should work, and if you wish to change themes, then do so using OTA.

But again, better contact them as your hardware might be a bit different than mine even if they look the same.

Good luck!
can you share the downgrade file?

eisenbri

Jun 21, 2024
Files must be in the root
Thats where I have them but when I plug my USB C drive in, nothing happens. Screen remains black. I have the .img file and the 2 bin files in the root. The drive is formatted as FAT32. Plug it in, nothing happens.

Last edited:

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
Both files are for 9 and 10" screens running under Linux OS.

Attachments

• IMG_7736.jpeg
    IMG_7736.jpeg
    839.8 KB · Views: 9

MYLRNYC

Jun 27, 2024
Same here, can you please re-share the files? I've been trying to find a solution for a similar issue.
The screen "turns on" but it just boot loop.

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
Hello it's very simple you install the unzipped file on a usb c key, You install the patch first, if it works, you install the latest update by wi-fi OTA. After installing the patch, If you have an upside-down display it's not the right file, I have a second file in this case reinstall.

Reactions: kang4600

Anndybo

Jun 29, 2024
Hello it's very simple you install the unzipped file on a usb c key, You install the patch first, if it works, you install the latest update by wi-fi OTA. After installing the patch, If you have an upside-down display it's not the right file, I have a second file in this case reinstall.
Hi, just installed the 89 file but have half screen. Can you send the other file? 10.26? needed? Thank you! My wife really need carplay :)