Discuss: Tesla Launches New Vision-based Autopark in Europe - Requirements and Features

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
I got to test it a little more yesterday and today morning. Suddenly it performed awful, i cant get it to work a single time. First, there is a bug that i cant always select a parking spot even if they are marked with a P, it just does not start the autopark. Secondly, when you somehow get it to start, it cancels immediatly after 1 or 2 seconds with no reason. Parking Spot is big and well marked. I tried it on 3 different parking lots. It cancels at all of them. I also did reset the computer to see if the bug occurs again. It did. Am i doing something wrong? The View of the cameras seems fine and clear. Any other experiences with this update? Mine is a Intel and USS Vehicle.

While Autopark is on, it shows the new High Fidelity Park Assist with the 3D Surroundings, but only in Autopark, not when parking normally. Any way to turn it on for normal parking?

Oct 17, 2023
California
I got to test it a little more yesterday and today morning. Suddenly it performed awful, i cant get it to work a single time. First, there is a bug that i cant always select a parking spot even if they are marked with a P, it just does not start the autopark. Secondly, when you somehow get it to start, it cancels immediatly after 1 or 2 seconds with no reason. Parking Spot is big and well marked. I tried it on 3 different parking lots. It cancels at all of them. I also did reset the computer to see if the bug occurs again. It did. Am i doing something wrong? The View of the cameras seems fine and clear. Any other experiences with this update? Mine is a Intel and USS Vehicle.

While Autopark is on, it shows the new High Fidelity Park Assist with the 3D Surroundings, but only in Autopark, not when parking normally. Any way to turn it on for normal parking?
Do you have a video? I would like to see what your describing.

glospete

Apr 17, 2023

How can Autopark be deemed "Not relevant in the United Kingdom" !!
Exactly the question I had. Anybody got any ideas why we’re not getting it. The update is installing as I write this and the notes do not mention it.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
That's Brexit, mate 😅

Jokes apart, mine is just downloading and in the released notes there's no autopark. I don't know if that's because I don't have EAP/FSD, but not so keen to part with 3k just to ascertain it, also by reading the previous posts about how inaccurate it is.

glospete

Apr 17, 2023
I have FSD so that's not the reason. Very odd that UK doesn't get it. But the current Self Park is excellent so I can't complain too much!

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
I confirm that after installing the latest version, mine only shows minor fixes, no mention of Autopark. But again, I don't know if I'm supposed to read the item in the change log without EAP/FSD.

Logically I should, and it would be a nice commercial push to upsell (like "You can have it eventually, upgrade now!).

But fact is, I don't see anything. Very confusing.

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
I confirm that after installing the latest version, mine only shows minor fixes, no mention of Autopark. But again, I don't know if I'm supposed to read the item in the change log without EAP/FSD.

Logically I should, and it would be a nice commercial push to upsell (like "You can have it eventually, upgrade now!).

Likewise installing now 2024.20.6.2, I have EAP in the UK but no mention of Autopark in the release notes so not holding my breath

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022

That's actually a really great idea. Graying out options that aren't available due to not having EAP/FSD would be a nice upsell opportunity for Tesla.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Yes, the new Autopark has been confirmed to not be available in the UK and presumably other RHD countries as of now. This appears to be a limitation on Tesla's end and it may just need more training for RHD regions.

Attached photo was sent by X/UKsyfyfan

Attachments

• ukautopark.jpeg
    ukautopark.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 6

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
That's actually a really great idea. Graying out options that aren't available due to not having EAP/FSD would be a nice upsell opportunity for Tesla.
I just confirmed with a friend that he's got EAP on a recent MY without USS. As soon as he gets the update he'll tell me if he has Autopark, eventually. In that case I might upgrade as well. Still no summon, but at least not as irrelevant as the status quo.