Discuss: Tesla Launches New Vision-based Autopark in Europe - Requirements and Features

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Yes, the new Autopark has been confirmed to not be available in the UK and presumably other RHD countries as of now. This appears to be a limitation on Tesla's end and it may just need more training for RHD regions.

Attached photo was sent by X/UKsyfyfan
Yes I can confirm as I have downloaded the latest software and do not have Autopark, sa I have said what learning is required from RHD as the car is the same shape and has cameras in the same location I am sure the computer does not need to know which side the steering wheel is on

I am more frustrated that Tesla cannot update its website with why certain geographical do not have certain functions and better still how far along the process they are in implementing in these countries as the service centres do not really have a clue. Obviously Tesla knows but prefers not to be open about it all

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
That's actually a really great idea. Graying out options that aren't available due to not having EAP/FSD would be a nice upsell opportunity for Tesla.

Following the train of thought, this should clarify (still pending confirmation from my friend):

1719686909729.png

The Italian website still shows Autopark in the "Future features" section, alongside Summon(s).
Either they are slow commercially or... this confirms it ain't an Italian thing. And we don't drive on the... "wrong side" :D

PAD

Jun 30, 2024
Same in Denmark; Auto Park still a 'Future Update'

I have only had my Tesle MY for a couple of months and I'm very pleased with the smooth design and ride, not so impressed with the 'smartness' of the various 'Auto' functions or the lack of them.
I'm NOT pleased with my brand new MY Long Range 2024/Berlin having HW3 and not HW4 cameras concerning the coming Tesla Vision features and performance - when they actually come....if....

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
I was now able to test it for longer, i went to a parking lot and tested some scenarios. Previously, it was not working very well with a busy parking lot, but this time i was alone. When not having any pedestrians or cars around, the system worked flawlessly on every parking spot i tested it on (sideways, in a curve, parallel parking, standing at unusual angle in relation to the parking spot etc). While its nice to see it working well with no other cars around, its still not useful for everyday driving as it cancels way too often when the parking lot is busy. So theres still some work to do for Tesla.

Its also funny to see the new High Fidelity Park Assist Visualization in an Intel USS Vehicle for the first time when Autopark is running. Its the only time you can see those visuals, but i assume the new autopark already uses Tesla Vision there and for the normal manual parking its still using USS i guess. Lets see when they get more and more irrelevant.

PAD

Jun 30, 2024
I was now able to test it for longer, i went to a parking lot and tested some scenarios. Previously, it was not working very well with a busy parking lot, but this time i was alone. When not having any pedestrians or cars around, the system worked flawlessly on every parking spot i tested it on (sideways, in a curve, parallel parking, standing at unusual angle in relation to the parking spot etc). While its nice to see it working well with no other cars around, its still not useful for everyday driving as it cancels way too often when the parking lot is busy. So theres still some work to do for Tesla.

Its also funny to see the new High Fidelity Park Assist Visualization in an Intel USS Vehicle for the first time when Autopark is running. Its the only time you can see those visuals, but i assume the new autopark already uses Tesla Vision there and for the normal manual parking its still using USS i guess. Lets see when they get more and more irrelevant.
Interesting !

Which country are you in and what HW version ?

Reactions: joe_apxc

PAD

Jun 30, 2024
I am in Austria, and my vehicle has the Autopilot Hardware 3 with MCU2 and Ultrasonic Sensors.
Great ! So there's still hope it will come to the rest of EU and HW3.

You have purchased 'Enhanced Autopilot' I guess.
I'm still 'on the fence' just looking at the Option.

Thank You !

Reactions: joe_apxc

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Great ! So there's still hope it will come to the rest of EU and HW3.

You have purchased 'Enhanced Autopilot' I guess.
I'm still 'on the fence' just looking at the Option.

Thank You !
No Problem!

I did not buy EAP myself, i bought the car second hand a year ago, it was imported from Germany. The previous owner even bought the FSD Package, which stayed active in the car after i bought it. Maybe you even need FSD for it to work, i think it says so on the Changelog on this Website.

1719908681642.png

Dont be confused because it says "Switzerland". Thats because im currently in this country but the car is registered in Austria.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Looks like there's no autopark nowhere in the EU without USS, also by looking at all localized versions of the Tesla website. Perhaps the news should be rectified?

PAD

Jun 30, 2024
Which means that Tesla Vision, Auto Park and even camera based park assist remains - a vision.

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
So maybe its still reliant on the USS Sensors? Would be weird, as i see the new parking visuals when Autopark is manouvering... Weird indeed

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
So maybe its still reliant on the USS Sensors? Would be weird, as i see the new parking visuals when Autopark is manouvering... Weird indeed
It seems so, from a regulatory perspective at least. Think it like it has been portrayed about the "why lidar?" article, where Tesla apparently used it to provide Vision with a "ground truth" to feed the ML/AI algorithm.

Expand it further, as if the regulator didn't allow Vision to be the only source (yet). In fact, I'm not aware of other carmakers relying solely on cameras for anything beyond assistance in the EU. They all use a blend of vision and USS.

PAD

Jun 30, 2024
I only have the HW3 cameras and the basic Park Assist.

If I were to park where the Park Assist says STOP or the proximity is RED I would still be 1/3 on the road.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
I only have the HW3 cameras and the basic Park Assist.

If I were to park where the Park Assist says STOP or the proximity is RED I would still be 1/3 on the road.
Exactly. Totally unreliable. Guess why the distance from the previous is increased for vision vs radar. I did the opposite, vision didn't detect a black wall in a diagonal parking. Touched it slowly and without damage, but touched it.