The latest 2024.20.1 update on my tesla disables the additional CarPlay-type screen.

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
Hello since installing the latest update 2024.20.1 on my tesla the additional screen type CarPlay no longer works.

acmem

Mar 27, 2024
I’m sure they will update their software. I was thinking of getting one, but that’s precisely what I was afraid of; some Tesla update may break the after market screen.

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
Exactly, I contacted the manufacturer to inform him of the bug. He told me that within two to three days. He will send a patch but not on Line, it will be with a file to install via USB C.

Reactions: acmem

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
Apparently After the 2024.20.1 update,

The power supply has been modified by Tesla..for the RYZEN.

The additional screen will no longer work, it will be necessary to install a new cable that is not yet available.

Last edited:

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
Hello, everyone, the manufacturer of the CarPlay-type screen sent me a file to install manually by usb c it fixes the bug problem of Tesla's latest update and it works again.

Reactions: mircea87

0b1kb

Jun 18, 2024
Hello, everyone, the manufacturer of the CarPlay-type screen sent me a file to install manually by usb c it fixes the bug problem of Tesla's latest update and it works again.
Can you verify the exact type of display you have? Seems that we have contradicting solutions, one is stating we will need a new power source while the other seems to be just a firmware update, so I am assuming it will depend on the display type.

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
You absolutely must contact the seller to get the right fix, otherwise it will block your device.

testunder20

Jun 19, 2024
Hi @SouhaiL Please attach the update for me as well, I have the same CATRONICS product and it is no longer turning on....

Please help me as soon as you can!

Many thanks!

mircea87

Jun 17, 2024
Hello, the fix didn't work for me. After the update, the screen shows a partial and also inverted image...

0b1kb

Jun 18, 2024
Hi all, the fix will depend on the exact type of display you have. Based on the picture you posted, it looks like you have the same one I have. I contacted Hansshow and they sent me a file which is an older firmware and told me to install it, and then use the OTA (you need WiFi) to update to the latest firmware. The solution worked.

Please note that I didn't even use the file they sent me, I have a collection of firmware updates I have done for my display so I just used a firmware version that I had that was very close to the one they sent me (they sent me MCU V0.3.18 but the update I used that I had with me was the 3.19 instead). Then I did the OTA update and everything works correctly again.

The reason to go backwards on the firmware is to be able to see the display again (the Tesla update made the display impossible to see anything or very bad image and cannot interact with it). Once you are downgraded, the display works again, but it has issues with the battery and range showing very wrong numbers (I had 75% battery but the display said 205% and best one, over 10 thousand miles range!! I wish!!!). So, once you can work on the display, you can connect it to your WiFi (I use my phone hot spot) and then do an OTA update. Make sure to select the ORIGINAL theme first. Once done, everything should work, and if you wish to change themes, then do so using OTA.

But again, better contact them as your hardware might be a bit different than mine even if they look the same.

Good luck!

SouhaiL

Jun 11, 2024
#Ob1kb Thank you very much for your very clear explanations, I will add that there are two types of screen so you have to have the right file to avoid having an upside-down screen.

Reactions: 0b1kb