Tesla software update v12(2024.14.9)

dkizer94040

Jun 10, 2024
I received S/W update v12 (2024.14.9) on Saturday June 8. After installing it, Autopark, park assist, FSD (beta) options have all disappeared from the Autopilot functionality screen. Anyone else experiencing this? Tesla service can't get me in until the end of June - so frustrating. The service department said hopefully another s/w update will come out between now and my appt that will fix this. :oops: My Tesla is a 2021 Model Y long range.
Thanks!!

• Wow
Reactions: Gospel

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
We just got this update on a 2024 Y LR and a 2018 3 LR. I still have all those options, did you get this sorted out? I wonder if you can force the car to re-download it?

dkizer94040

Jun 10, 2024
Thank you for your reply. Tesla service contacted me yesterday and said "remote diagnosis suggests to wait for future software update and check for improvements since vehicle hardware did not report any camera faults or auto pilot system faults". Lo and behold! Just today I've received notification in the app that a software update is available. It's 2024.20.1. I haven't installed it yet but will later this afternoon. Hopefully this will fix the issue and I'll be able to cancel the service appointment. Update to follow later ...

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Thank you for your reply. Tesla service contacted me yesterday and said "remote diagnosis suggests to wait for future software update and check for improvements since vehicle hardware did not report any camera faults or auto pilot system faults". Lo and behold! Just today I've received notification in the app that a software update is available. It's 2024.20.1. I haven't installed it yet but will later this afternoon. Hopefully this will fix the issue and I'll be able to cancel the service appointment. Update to follow later ...
Thanks for the update! I wonder if the 14.9 build is a necessary prerequisite before the 20.1 update… whatever it takes to get to 12.4 :)

Reactions: RNHurt and EdinEPTX

Procal

Jun 12, 2024
Thanks for the update! I wonder if the 14.9 build is a necessary prerequisite before the 20.1 update… whatever it takes to get to 12.4 :)
Just as a heads-up, Tesla doesn't usually roll back software versions for updates. Tesla has 2 update "tracks", one being the FSD update track and the other being a standard feature update track. Currently, FSD V12.4 or V12.4.1 is only available on the software version 2024.15.X so if you are on 2024.14.9 or earlier, then you can receive the FSD update, but if you already received and updated to 2024.20.1, then you cannot roll back to get the update 2024.15.X to get FSD V12.4.1.

Reactions: Jon

NMZ_SRKNAIS

Jun 16, 2024
Same software version, but a different "problem" - for me the Trip overview (with live traffic data) is not showing & trajectory speed camera is not showing on the Navigation - I checked the instruction & activated the things as in Software update - but still not showing. Anything I can / should do? I'm in Belgium. Thx

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I upgraded the 2024.14.9 last week and I've noticed that the steering wheel scrollers have been more responsive. Previously, turning the volume up/down or replying to text messages have been a struggle in getting the scroll wheel to do what I want. Most of the time I would have to scroll much more than I should in order to get the selection to change.

After this latest update, I'm having much less trouble. I don't know if it they really fixed anything or I'm just imagining it but so far so good.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I upgraded the 2024.14.9 last week and I've noticed that the steering wheel scrollers have been more responsive. Previously, turning the volume up/down or replying to text messages have been a struggle in getting the scroll wheel to do what I want. Most of the time I would have to scroll much more than I should in order to get the selection to change.

After this latest update, I'm having much less trouble. I don't know if it they really fixed anything or I'm just imagining it but so far so good.
Nice. FSD just recognized a gap left by traffic stacked up in two oncoming lanes and turned left through it, very ‘human’ like in a good way. Can’t wait to see what 12.4.5 or .6 does when we get it. Let that .1 and .2 crap get sorted out by the OG beta testers.

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
Nice. FSD just recognized a gap left by traffic stacked up in two oncoming lanes and turned left through it, very ‘human’ like in a good way. Can’t wait to see what 12.4.5 or .6 does when we get it. Let that .1 and .2 crap get sorted out by the OG beta testers.
I agree, but I just want the no nag part. The rest is gravy. 12.3.6 does pretty good on my usual drives to/from work with minimal issue.