Speed management / control

TeslaElectric

Sep 28, 2024
I have a 2024 Model 3 AWD. In every release of FSD 12.5, including the current 12.5.4, I have experienced speed management issues. (May have existed even before 12.5; I’ve lost track). Doesn’t matter whether auto set speed offset is enabled or not, but I usually keep it off. Mainly, my complaint is that FSD does not maintain speed on two-lane roads; it keeps dropping to well below the posted speed limit. When I press the accelerator to manually up the speed, it stays there for less than a minute, then drops again. The only way I can maintain a constant speed with FSD is to set max speed to whatever value I want (scroll wheel), then press the accelerator until I exactly match that max. FSD will then maintain that speed until it needs to slow down for whatever reason (other cars, obstructions, curves, etc). Once it slows down, after all is clear, the process needs to be repeated. In my opinion, this is a major issue. Is there anyone who is not experiencing this problem (most notably on long stretches of country roads where speed limit is 55 mph)?

Computer Blue

May 28, 2024
I thought I was the only one too! I cannot maintain the speed in either auto or manual speed control. Only happened when I upgraded to 12.5. Question, do you have any SEXY buttons in your car? I was thinking that might be the issue but I’m not sure.

Reactions: TeslaElectric

TeslaElectric

Sep 28, 2024
No SEXY buttons. I know that some others are experiencing speed control issues, based on YouTube reviews. I’ve also been experiencing phantom braking, as well as stops or slowdowns at green lights. Doesn’t happen often, but it is quite concerning when it does. That these problems still exist at this stage in the game is not very comforting. Hopefully version 13 will resolve all of these setbacks.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
There are a lot of complaints (including mine!) about speed management exactly as you both have seen.
If you use a % offset it goes too slow, if you let it do the ‘auto max’ speed thing it does 35 in a 25.
We just have to wait. Instead of nudging the steering wheel we have to nudge the accelerator!

Reactions: TeslaElectric

Computer Blue

May 28, 2024
No SEXY buttons. I know that some others are experiencing speed control issues, based on YouTube reviews. I’ve also been experiencing phantom braking, as well as stops or slowdowns at green lights. Doesn’t happen often, but it is quite concerning when it does. That these problems still exist at this stage in the game is not very comforting. Hopefully version 13 will resolve all of these setbacks.
Coincidently enough, I used to have phantom braking ever since I got the car in Jan 2023. I live in the desert and we have those classic roads that cause the phantom braking. 12.5 got rid of it. Unfortunately, I have a new issue with the speed control.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard