Model Y RWD low voltage socket stopped working after update 2024.32.3 when car is locked

thesourcerer

Sep 21, 2024
Since 2024.32.3 was installed, my low voltage sockets are turned off immediately after car is locked. Even when sentry and cop are on, car connected to charger, and battery is at 100%.
Usb sockets remain active.
Anyone else experience the same?

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Yeah, unfortunately this update turns off the 12v adapter even if sentry mode is on.

This disables several accessories that rely on this power. We’ll add this to the release notes so that more people are aware of the change. Hopefully Tesla will make the power cut off optional much like they do with some of the outlets in the Cybertruck.

thesourcerer

Sep 21, 2024
You mean you think this is intentional ?
The Car manual documents the outlets should stay on, so I was under the impression this was a bug...

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I would guess its intentional, but I haven't heard either way. A while back Tesla stated they'd be reducing the power consumption of Sentry Mode, so its not clear whether this is a part of those changes.

I expect Tesla not to break a bunch of third-party accessories though, so if it is, I hope to see it as an option soon.

thesourcerer

Sep 21, 2024
I can't see how it is related to Sentry mode. if I didn't connect anything to the socket I guess it will consume near to nothing.
(BTW, USB still stays on as before)
As you mentioned, it does break 3rd accessories. like in car refrigerators etc.