FSD Won't drive over speed limit

RichardT

Aug 23, 2024
After updating to 12.5, my 2024 model Y won't drive over the speed limit on two lane roads. I can't scroll up to more than the speed limit. I did not have a problem with 12.3.6. Is this normal?

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
After updating to 12.5, my 2024 model Y won't drive over the speed limit on two lane roads. I can't scroll up to more than the speed limit. I did not have a problem with 12.3.6. Is this normal?
Sometimes also 12.3.6 does it on city streets. Very annoying, especially when the limit is very low and there's no reason.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Just as KITT posted- that 'auto max' speed setting is strange and doesn't always hit the SL on certain roads in my experience. You can hit the accelerator and goose it. Flip side of this issue is sometimes it goes over the slower speed limits by too much IMO. Wish I could just set it at +5 MPH and have that be the limiting factor again but apparently NHTSA didn't like that.

Reactions: CongressDJ

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Just as KITT posted- that 'auto max' speed setting is strange and doesn't always hit the SL on certain roads in my experience. You can hit the accelerator and goose it. Flip side of this issue is sometimes it goes over the slower speed limits by too much IMO. Wish I could just set it at +5 MPH and have that be the limiting factor again but apparently NHTSA didn't like that.
"You can hit the accelerator and goose it." - don't tell me. I keep doing it at MAX speed just to keep the pace with other cars when Tesla gets "lazy" and at least once per long ride get the infamous red wheel by exceeding 140km/h... as if it was VNE on an aircraft.

Reactions: CongressDJ

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I think they really need to get updates out at MOST every two weeks. After an update comes out and I get used to the 'wow' of the good stuff and 'arg' of the annoying stuff all I feel is 'arg' after a couple weeks. I don't think that's just me. We get spoiled easily!

twerktapetony

Sep 14, 2024
I have the opposite problem - my FSD loves to speed - especially in my suburban neighborhood. No matter what settings I change - it will consistently go over the limit by 10-15 kph even though it clearly recognizes the posted limit, however it does seem to behave on major highways.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I have the opposite problem - my FSD loves to speed - especially in my suburban neighborhood. No matter what settings I change - it will consistently go over the limit by 10-15 kph even though it clearly recognizes the posted limit, however it does seem to behave on major highways.
I took it off the 'auto max' speed setting for just that reason! That was particularly annoying when the speed limits were 25 or so.