Discuss: Tesla 'Spring Update' Update Adds Ability to View Cabin Filter Health

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla adds Cabin Air Filter health to Service Mode, allowing users to determine replacements. Basic replacement instructions for Tesla air filters.… Read More

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
This is really cool. I wonder if will work for "legacy" vehicles. It would be nice to see if my filter needs replacing before tearing open my frunk. 😃

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
RNHurt, I agree. Just replaced the filters on my M3, If I would have had this I would have done them sooner....they were baaaaad.

zroger73

Jun 3, 2024
Tesla likely approximates the health of the cabin filter based on the filter's age and how many hours the HVAC system has been used. It may also consider the fan speed of the HVAC system to account for higher airflow through the filter.
I disagree.

I believe Tesla is using blower motor current and a software model of the system to calculate pressure drop and estimate filter health.

If they were using time and blower speed, my Model Y's cabin filter should be at less than 107% health after 20,000 miles.

The HEPA filter is at 63% health, which is more reasonable, if not a bit high - I have noticed a significant reduction of air flow when outside air is selected.

I haven't noticed any decrease in air flow when recirculated air is selected.