Discuss: Tesla Introduces Most Affordable Car: Long Range RWD Model 3 with 363-Mile Range for $34,990

penguinist

Jul 12, 2024
What do we know about the battery chemistry deployed in this Model 3 LR RWD? I'm guessing that it uses NCA (Nickel Cobalt Aluminum) with a recommended charge limit of 80%. Does anyone have confirmation or better information?

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Ooo, that’s a nice car at a nice price. Dual motors are nice but I think they are over-valued by us drivers.
And these cars are all way too fast for practical use and safe driving, even on Chill/Soft acceleration. Apart from the initial "early adopter" phenomenon, you wouldn't want them going to the wider masses like this. Let alone having a newly licensed driver driving them legally. Tesla just released the "parental control" but that's quite ineffective, as it doesn't tame the acceleration and it's subject to self-compliance.

So any step like this in providing higher range coupled with low power is the least they can do, at least to get on par with the likes of BYD (as I wrote earlier), but still far away. Let's see about Model 2.

penguinist

Jul 12, 2024
Maybe this 3 LR RWD is the right car for me. I've been waiting for the Y Juniper, but that is starting to seem like waiting for the colonization of Mars.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Maybe this 3 LR RWD is the right car for me. I've been waiting for the Y Juniper, but that is starting to seem like waiting for the colonization of Mars
Since M3 prototypes with a front bumper camera were spotted, I would wait for the next sub-iteration anyway, which might also come before the Juniper. I didn't because I had to change the car anyway, but if I could have, I definitely would have. Personally, I'm not a SUV fan, and a heavier EV is just nonsense to me, but I admit that the MY is a much nicer car than most SUVs out there.

penguinist

Jul 12, 2024
I went ahead and put in my order for the M3 LR RWD and am impatiently waiting for a VIN number to be assigned. I'm used to Amazon next day deliveries, so you can call me spoiled.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
I went ahead and put in my order for the M3 LR RWD and am impatiently waiting for a VIN number to be assigned. I'm used to Amazon next day deliveries, so you can call me spoiled.
If you had bought from existing inventory, you could have had a VIN in minutes. We bought Charlotte a week or so ago. We had a VIN within 2 minutes. We ordered on a Wednesday and picked her up on the next Monday—less than a week.