Discuss: Tesla Disables 12V Power Sockets and USB Ports While Sentry Mode is Active in Update 2024.32

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
  • Wow
Reactions: RNHurt

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
It was stupid having to keep Sentry on just to keep sockets on. It's way beyond stupid removing the possibility without an alternative. And - nope - CyberTruck's 12h don't make sense either.
I never used it, to be fair. I was just starting to consider leaving the a wireless router inside, and - boom - it's already gone.

Reactions: RNHurt

PAD

Jun 30, 2024
Sudden emergency breaking, sudden acceleration, old HW3 on 2024 model, indefinitely posponed Tesla Vision, useless Park Assist and now this...
I'm out, going to sell my 1/2y Tesla....

Rfried4987

Sep 26, 2024
Is this the case on all Tesla modes? I have a Legacy Model S and my 12v is still on with sentry in the latest update 2024.32.10. Honestly they should just have an option for this instead of just turning it on or off for everyone. If it’s a way to save battery when sentry is on then fine, but then you can still give us that option.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Is this the case on all Tesla modes? I have a Legacy Model S and my 12v is still on with sentry in the latest update 2024.32.10. Honestly they should just have an option for this instead of just turning it on or off for everyone. If it’s a way to save battery when sentry is on then fine, but then you can still give us that option.
As above, it should be entirely different. There's no reason why sockets should be connected to Sentry. You might want to keep sockets on and Sentry off.
Only, basic decency would suggest giving the option to control the sockets in the same software updated as the long overdue disconnection from Sentry.
Then, if we say that Sentry was all we had to keep power sockets on, that's just a restricted perspective into the problem.

Rfried4987

Sep 26, 2024
Agreed. But I was also saying it doesn’t seem this change affected everyone. My Model S still has the 12v on with Sentry mode.

sunshine200837

Mar 24, 2024
Barry, illinois
Being as I am one of those that has a sub trunk fridge, I am not happy to say the least that Tesla is disabling the rear sockets. I'm sorry but the power drain is negligible and stupid to disable these. If I need to conserve power I will disable sentry mode in a place I'm safe in. Please Tesla do not do this. I'm sure that there are many others that feel as I do.