Discuss: FSD v12.5 (Update 2024.20.10) Release Notes

VoodooPriest

Nov 26, 2022
I"m hoping that they do a hardware upgrade option like AI2-AI3 was. But at least you have an FSD version with a 4 in it. I have 12.3.6
Same. I 2022 M3LR and only received 12.3.6 less than two weeks ago. I guess I'm awaiting 12.5.x, whenever that arrives for me. Just took a long round-trip and was very irritated at still having the nag. After almost 3 years (took delivery in Nov '21), I'm considering whether to continue with Tesla. I enjoy the car, but I'm becoming obsolete from the hw POV in less than three years. I've not researched other EVs, hybrids, or new ICE vehicles, but I hear that some of their bells and whistles outshine Teslas (not to mention how bizarre Elon is becoming above and beyond his normal level of bizarre). I don't want someone trashing my car thinking I'm a fanboi. I'm not. I just happen to own a Tesla. It's a car.

Oct 17, 2023
California
Ok, so just got home from a trip now using 12.5. To say the least it was a miserable drive. Even though I was paying full attention all of the time, I was getting nagged what seemed like every 30 seconds to pay attention. Second Major issue was that the speed was constantly drifting downward no matter if I was in auto set speed, manual set, or even if I was around traffic. Also when entering reduced speed zones, it didn't even attempt to slow down. and lastly nearly completely missed a stop sign. I probably got dinged for my insurance and Tesla insurance because I had to hard brake. interstate driving is definitely not on the v12 stack and I continue to have v11 lane changing issues where it doesn't want to change lanes making me look like I'm drunk or something. FSD, you have some issues to work on.
If your using FSD and have to hard brake I feel like Tesla should take the into account with the insurance because that’s a great point.

Reactions: EdinEPTX

Prof47

Jun 13, 2023
I received FSD 12.5 and it has resolved most of my complaints about 12.4.3. Accelerating and braking follow a much smoother curve and feel a lot more natural. 12.5 also will drive the speed limit or above like 12.4.1 did. Random lane changes are greatly reduced from 12.4.1 to follow navigation or to avoid obstacles like a delivery truck or parked car.

My main complaints with 12.5 are:
  • Lane changes to follow the navigation route happen too late, especially in rush hour. The release notes acknowledge that this will be addressed in later 12.5.x releases.
  • When the FSD accelerates from a stoplight or a turn it will speed up and then slow down noticeably. It would be much more natural to speed up to around the speed limit and then remain constant.
  • FSD slows down too much for my taste when turning, and sometimes when changing into a turn lane. I find myself pressing the accelerator to avoid angering cars behind me for taking too long to clear the turn.
I recently received FSD12.5 for my 2023 MYLR Hardware4. I was impressed with V12.3.6 and I feel that V12.5 is a disappointment. The speed control is much worse than V 12.3.6. When the car goes from 55 mph to 45 mph due to a speed limit sign, the car slows down to 40 quickly then slowly goes to 45. Sometimes at 55 mph I have to use the accelerator to bring it up to maintain the speed limit. This happens multiple times within a 30 min town to rural drive. I am set at the speed limit setting and not at automatic. This problem with speed control needs to be resolved by Tesla. How do we communicate with Tesla about this speed control problem.

I wonder if recalibrating the cameras would help?

WinstonSmithz

Jul 30, 2024
I took a road trip last week using FSD and the nags were every 45 seconds or less. If I touched the scree to torn off the auto wipers or select a pod cast I almost immediately got a nag. So I would turn off FSD then interact with the screen then turn it back on. This is crazy. Eventually I just ended up driving myself.