Discuss: FSD v12.4.3 (Update 2024.15.15) Release Notes

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Reactions: EdinEPTX

raldrich

Apr 12, 2024
My 23 MYLR upgraded from 2024.14.9 to 2024.15.15 yesterday, so I took it out to finally drive without needing to touch the wheel. FSD V12.4.3 was able handle the entire drive except for wanting to miss a turn due to a navigation data error and when searching a busy parking lot for a good spot. Overall, very impressed. FSD seems much more confident now and I never had to touch the wheel while FSD was engaged. The car seems to still be reluctant to reduce speed when entering a region where the limit drops and often drives under the set speed - even when weather, traffic, and road conditions are optimal. But all in all, a very solid update!

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
They need to send it wide. I'm still waiting. Glad to see its living up to the hype. (and most of my issues are map/navi data issues).

AbblePC

Dec 18, 2023
I wished here and on X platform as well as on OG YouTube tester videos that have been using FSD Supervised 12.4+ , that owners would start detailing what models and years with hardware they have and whom is getting these updates so that the rest of us can foresee or at least get a better understanding as to what hardware seems to be getting which updates and when.

Wesmont

Jul 9, 2024
I’m new here. Looks like it was rolling out and then it stopped. Is that a bad sign or is that how they typically roll it out?

Gusbot

Jul 10, 2024
Cincinnati, OH
I received the FSD (Supervised) 12.4.3 update last night and had my first drive to work with it this morning. I didn't have to touch the steering wheel at all, which was amazing. I also noticed that it didn't change lanes like a NASCAR driver, which was my biggest gripe with 12.4.1. The morning was a bit rainy today and I noticed that it was consistently driving 5-6 mph under the speed limit and that it slowed down for turns much more than previously. Was this because of the rain, or a core behavior of this new version? Time will tell, and I'll update here.

Edit:
The drive home was in full sunshine. FSD 12.4.3 continued to drive 5-10 mph under the speed limit. It was a very frustrating drive home with lots of accelerator petal presses to encourage the Tesla to drive at least the speed limit. This happened after every light, turn, or braking event for a car turning in front of me. Lane changes continued to be minimal, but to the point that it missed a getting over into the turn lane on a busy road in rush hour, completely missing the turn. It waited until about 50 yards before the light to start signaling when it should have (and has in previous versions) gotten into that turn lane 1-2 blocks back.

Since I've gotten home, I have rebooted the car by holding in both scroll wheels and cleaned off the cameras (which did not seem dirty.) Hopefully, a fresh start tomorrow will have better luck, but I'm beginning to think this version is a major regression in all aspects except for acceleration/deceleration and less aggressive lane changes.

2nd Edit:
It found that the FSD profile was set to Chill. Once I bumped that up to Average or Assertive, the 5-10 mph under the speed limit was resolved. In the past I've been hard-pressed to notice a difference between the different FSD profiles, so this was a surprise. It still feels like lane selection still needs some work. It is waiting too long to move into the correct lanes to make the appropriate turns when navigating.

Last edited:

Gusbot

Jul 10, 2024
Cincinnati, OH
As a follow-up: I received FSD 12.5 and it has resolved most of my complaints about 12.4.3. Accelerating and braking follow a much smoother curve and feel a lot more natural. 12.5 also will drive the speed limit or above like 12.4.1 did. Lane changes are greatly reduced from 12.4.1 to follow navigation or to avoid obstacles like a delivery truck or parked car.

My main complaints with 12.5 are:
  • Lane changes to follow the navigation route happen too late, especially in rush hour.
  • When the FSD accelerates from a stoplight or a turn it will speed up and then slow down noticeably. It would be much more natural to speed up to a speed and remain constant.
  • FSD slows down too much for my taste when turning, and sometimes when changing into a turn lane. I find myself pressing the accelerator to avoid angering cars behind me for taking too long to clear the turn.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard