Discuss: 2024.32.3 Official Tesla Release Notes

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla app update 2024.32.3 includes Hands-Free Frunk, Exclude Home When Using Hands-Free Closures, Construction on Your Route, Predictive Text for Navigation Searches, Search This Area, Mobile App Notification for Tire Service, Security Improvements. View Release Notes

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Regarding automatic frunk opening, this might have got out of hand. Basically you cannot stay in front of the car or on the back, otherwise it will go "Transformer" like Bumblebee. At least it should recognize if you don't have free hands with cameras.
Plus, the focus on iphone is just idiotic.

Oct 17, 2023
California
Regarding automatic frunk opening, this might have got out of hand. Basically you cannot stay in front of the car or on the back, otherwise it will go "Transformer" like Bumblebee. At least it should recognize if you don't have free hands with cameras.
Plus, the focus on iphone is just idiotic.
I’m probably going to have the frunk off I would rather just open it from the app. As for the focus on iPhone, I don’t think it’s intentional. Tesla has said before they release updates at the same time but the Play Store just has a different review process then the App Store.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
It IS intentional, months passed and the reason is the lack of UWB implementation on Android. They just prioritize iOS over Android. If Elon had an Android, it would be the other way round.
Anyway, I didn't elaborate well. The auto-frunk opening is almost useless, since it doesn't do what the trunk does: spring wide open.

Oct 17, 2023
California
It IS intentional, months passed and the reason is the lack of UWB implementation on Android. They just prioritize iOS over Android. If Elon had an Android, it would be the other way round.
Anyway, I didn't elaborate well. The auto-frunk opening is almost useless, since it doesn't do what the trunk does: spring wide open.
I understand that it can be frustrating but just wondering, what do you think Tesla gains from intentionally not giving android users the same access to the same features?

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
I understand that it can be frustrating but just wondering, what do you think Tesla gains from intentionally not giving android users the same access to the same features?
I don't mean they are intentionally de-prioritizing, just that having the choice, they irrationally let the niche side prevail over diffusion.
The Google Play approval process could justify delays of weeks, up to a month, not half a year.
Sure, would be nice knowing how many Tesla users have iOS Vs. Android.