What Happened to Custom Lock Sounds?

LenF

Apr 13, 2023
I am not sure when it happened (I am on 2024.14.9), but I am no longer able to use custom lock sounds. In fact, the button for its use is greyed out, and the lock sound that the car uses is one that I had 'customized' a long time ago, and was never able to change. Is this no longer going to be available?

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Which country are you in? That's strange, I'm on 2024.20.3 and I still have my Airbus autopilot disconnect (previously K.I.T.T. "whoosh whoosh" on the blackie).
There might be country specific weirdnesses, as in I have the mic button on camera view, but never managed to talk through any Tesla car (guess it's disabled in Italy).

LenF

Apr 13, 2023
Let me self-correct. It iis true that the lock sound button is greyed out in the 'Locks' section of the controls, but it does show up in the boom box. Sorry about the confusion.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Don't mention it. They made it very confusing. But hey, it works.
And I was amazed to be able to configure it in a way that Car Valet doesnt auto-lock and play any lock sound. The customization freedom we get with profiles is one of the true Tesla's game changers.