Speed Smoothness FSD on surface streets

zesoloist

Oct 13, 2024
Im currently running FSD v12.5.4.1 on a 2018 MS HW3. The majority of the time when Im have engaged FSD I have the same issues and wondering if it my vehicle or if other folks are having the issue since I dont see or hear anyone talking about it.

1. My car is slow to respond to increases in speed. Example, the car in front of me accelerates and my car doesnt pick up the increased distance and accelerate as well or very slowly accelerates creating a large gap between vehicles. This can happen at a light or stop sign as well. A quick tap on the accelerator usually gets the car moving as it should.

2. With FSD engaged on surface streets my car will do what I can only describe as clunky speed control. Like when pressing the accelerator on a ICE that gets a little fuel starvation. It hiccups for a lack of a better description. The car doesnt maintain a smooth speed. You can feel slight accelerations and decelerations. Not large enough to show of the speedometer but definitely enough to make liquid in a container slightly slosh back and forth

Anyone else have either or both of these?