Software update rollouts are killing my patience

Oct 17, 2023
California
Okay, so my Tesla seems to be the last kid picked for software updates, and it's starting to bug me.

It started with my 21' M3SR+. After a bit, I realized I wasn't getting the latest updates everyone else was already enjoying. No biggie at first, but then I had to wait forever for the holiday update last year (like, seriously, February?!). And after the holiday update things haven't been the same in fact worse. Now even bug fixes come delayed as well.

I figured getting my MSP would receive updates quicker (since it was newer), but nope. Still getting updates way late. Just got 2024.32.5.2, which came out on September 19th.

This can't be right, can it? Should I contact the service center and see what's going on with my cars being stuck in this slow-mo update land?

Any thoughts?

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Okay, so my Tesla seems to be the last kid picked for software updates, and it's starting to bug me.
Yes, welcome to the world of Tesla software updates. Sometimes you get them rather quickly, sometimes it takes several months. 🤷‍♂️

I figured getting my MSP would receive updates quicker (since it was newer), but nope. Still getting updates way late. Just got 2024.32.5.2, which came out on September 19th.

This can't be right, can it? Should I contact the service center and see what's going on with my cars being stuck in this slow-mo update land?
I was on 2024.26.something for almost 3 months before I got an update. You can try to contact the service center and they might be able to update your system. But unless your software is REALLY old (6+ months) I don't think you'll have much luck, sorry.

The silver lining to this cloud is when you (finally) get the update there are usually lots of new things to play with. 😄

Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR