Screen Protector?

pcarrilho

Sep 14, 2024
Hi,

I've a T3LR since more than one year, and about two weeks ago, when cleaning my screen ... I've found two subtle scratches - only visible with the help of a flashlight (using cleaning screen mode) - I've no idea how these scratches came out :( (only me and my wife access the car, always with careful...)

Is this the compelling event which triggers me to apply a screen protector (Spigen,...)?

What are the "cons" about using a screen protector? The Tesla screen is not "mobile" as a smartphone, but "Murphy" is always there...

Regards and thank you all

WolffTech

Sep 16, 2024
Good question, IMO it just comes down to personal preference and what you’re comfortable with.

I have a 3 and a S and I have Spigen screen protectors in both. I did go without one for a while at first though. Here’s my pros and cons of the spigen screen protector.

CONS
- You do sacrifice screen clarity, as the anti-glare does make the screen look a bit less sharp. Of course, you could get one without this, but personally I think it’s worth having even with this drawback.
- Dust can build up on the edges of the screen protector.
- Applying them can be a pain as if you have even a spec of dust on the screen when applying, you’ll have a little bubble there that may drive you mad like it did for me.

PROS
- The anti-glare that helps when the suns hits the screen. Not a ton, but enough to where it can be useful sometimes.
- Has a coating on it to prevent fingerprints building up from the screen as much. You’ll still get fingerprints/oils on the screen but not nearly as bad.
- Screen feels smoother, much easier to swipe your finger on the screen with the screen protector.

Reactions: pcarrilho