How long until i get FSD 12.5.3?

Dazajj

Sep 5, 2024
Hi everyone! New to Tesla. Just picked up my Model Y on Monday. Current FSD V 12.3.6. Wondering if there’s anything i can do to get the latest version 12.5.3? Thanks for the advice and tips!!!

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
Hi everyone! New to Tesla. Just picked up my Model Y on Monday. Current FSD V 12.3.6. Wondering if there’s anything i can do to get the latest version 12.5.3? Thanks for the advice and tips!!!
Brand new? Does it have a software version ending in .100 or .200? If so, you generally don't receive a first update for a month or so.

Dazajj

Sep 5, 2024
Yes, new build version number there (ends in .100). Don't bother looking for updates for a good month. You also wont be able to get any of the 2024.26 builds since your version number is higher.
What do you mean by not being able to get any of the 2024.26 builds since my version is higher? What am i missing out on?? Haha

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
What do you mean by not being able to get any of the 2024.26 builds since my version is higher? What am i missing out on?? Haha
You may have what amounts to 2024.26.1, but because you have a .100 instead of a .1, you have a higher rev number than 2024.26.2, .3, .4, etc. Whatever bug fixes or new features have been added in those revisions, you have a higher number, and Tesla doesn't go backward in their numbering. You'll (I assume) wait for 2024.27.x or newer.

Reactions: RNHurt

ctuna

Mar 25, 2023
I haven't has a software update since 12.4.3 in June . I see the stats on this site and everything since then has been in very low number if the stats are to be believed. I would like to get some of the other non FSD updates and can't even though I have FSD. Seems like there releasing a new iteration almost daily but usually less than a 1000 cars get it . If I look at the stats for 12.5.3 today one car has it. Can you really call this a release.

VoodooPriest

Nov 26, 2022
I haven't has a software update since 12.4.3 in June . I see the stats on this site and everything since then has been in very low number if the stats are to be believed. I would like to get some of the other non FSD updates and can't even though I have FSD. Seems like there releasing a new iteration almost daily but usually less than a 1000 cars get it . If I look at the stats for 12.5.3 today one car has it. Can you really call this a release.
I'm frustrated. I've been on 12.3.6 since then. I received an update two weeks ago (2024.26.7) and thought it would contain 12.5.X, but I'm still on 12.3.6. At this rate, getting everyone to 12.5 will be the Holiday Release. Between the abysmal release strategy and Musk's growing insanity, I'm considering selling before my 2022 M3LR is worthless and buying my third Hyundai.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
Tesla must have found some problems. When 12.3 came out, it was amazing and they quickly went through a number of minor revs. Then it went quiet, and it seemed to me, judging from Youtube FSD videos, that 12.4 was having issues. I was happy not to have got it, and it seems Tesla just skipped ahead. Then 12.5 came out (butter smooth!!), and another flurry of updates followed by a pause. I've been on 12.5.1.3 for weeks - drove to Iowa and back on it, while I've seen a view 12.5.2 and 12.5.3 videos. Those new videos also seem to show regressions, and the ONE new feature I've seen added since 12.5 was vision monitoring. But all those other updates seem to have exactly the same release notes, and all promise upcoming features. 12.5.3 adds ASS. No idea what 12.5.2 added.

I'm pretty happy with 12.5.1.3, and I was happy with 12.3.6. The biggest difference between them, aside from vision monitoring, is that 12.5 is less hesitant and is smoother. Almost all of the old issues with 12.3.6 are still there in 12.5, so far. But we're all used to dealing with those issues, so I'm not particularly concerned. If I come up to a stopped school bus, I'll just stop. Same for flashing police lights. If there is a gated community, I'll probably take over. On AZ freeways, I've been taking it out of FSD for many months to get into/out of the HOV lane. I stop the car from right turning on red when not allowed. Etc, etc.

ctuna

Mar 25, 2023
I would like to get the one that adds Ytube music I use FSD on some highway drives 12.4 was slightly better than 12.3 but not that much .
I still don't trust it in busy conditions.