Discuss: The Most Requested Tesla Features

exploring9605

Aug 27, 2024
Additional feature ideas (European perspective)
  • Dog mode should show text in the local language, if you drive abroad it should show up in the main language of the country you're in, not in the UI language
  • Button next to the charge port to unlock the typ2/ccs plug (there is no NACS in Europe).
  • Passenger seat controls on the screen. 90% of the people who ride with me can't figure out how the seat controls work, I need to get to the passenger side and move it for them. And presets!
  • Limit media search to one specific service. If I log in to YouTube music additionally to Spotify, Spotify search results are always behind YouTube music, I would like to switch the order at least (Spotify first)
  • Navigate to addresses from the browser. Like on iOS/Android, tap any address/coordinates and use it as a navigation target. Would help a lot for 3rd party chargers in areas where there are no superchargers.

Der_Kieler

Aug 27, 2024
I‘m missing for more than 5 years a more functional phone support at dialing by voice. Every mobile is capable to directly dial by using the following spoken commands:

- Call Simone at home
- Call Simon by mobile
- Call Simon at work

Tesla only shows a list of the contact numbers. This is really old fashioned an also dangerous, because you have to scroll through the list while driving.

Elon, please make Calling phone numbers safer. 😁

Reactions: RNHurt and Lui

EVhonza

Aug 27, 2024
For myself I do preffere :
- fulĺ worldwide locallization for navigation and voice commands
- repair of non FSD autopilot errors aka ghost breaking (they are Hypotetically caused by google maps errors - let users claim and correct them)
- option for hardware upgrade for ventilated/fabrics seats.
- tunel entering - screen dimm fast,...
- option to switch off the screen White driving + analog dashboard upgrade
- option for other HW features and upgrade by official way (fog lights,...)
- let my tesla follow guest photovoltaic production /WiFi power meter/ to charge my car by using standard socket and energy over-production (let me measure it exactly for that single shot : history included)

Reactions: Lui and fabtotum1

qw3r

Aug 27, 2024
Also from a European perspective:
  • adaptive speed limiter
  • lane keeping shouldn't disengage fully when
    • touching the brake
    • or not strictly keeping the in the middle of the lane as the car suggests

(My RAV4 is pauses the lane keeping assistant and activates it again as soon as it notices that I'm back on track)

That's it. :)

Last edited:

Coulomb

Feb 23, 2023
Good list!

The key item to add:
  • Control stalks.
I wouldn't buy a new Tesla without stalks. Third party accessories might come but owners have reported service technicians blaming even passive accessories for motor failures.

Also desired:
  • Additional control knobs that can be operated w/o taking your eyes off the road.
They could be configurable to control fan speed, defogger, audio list selection, ...

• Love
Reactions: Lui and beachmiles

schulp

Aug 27, 2024
The ones I've been waiting for

- support for playlists when playing from USB
- avoid freeways when calculating a route
- search along (remaining) route and 1.5 miles beside it
- search around destination (not current location)

randompixel

Aug 27, 2024
Speakers in the headrest of the drivers seat so that all the bings and bongs get moved to these only, so none of the other passengers have to hear them. Joe Mode is not enough.

Reactions: qw3r

DariusJ

Aug 27, 2024
Regarding the point on "Preconditioning for 3rd party chargers", it is already working. Tesla will start preconditioning for 3rd party charger, if you navigate to a 3rd party charger on the map with three lightning bolts (dc fast charging).

Reactions: RNHurt

DariusJ

Aug 27, 2024
Regarding the point on "Preconditioning for 3rd party chargers", it is already working. Tesla will start preconditioning for 3rd party charger, if you navigate to a 3rd party charger on the map with three lightning bolts (dc fast charging).
3rd party dc fast charging preconditioning.jpg

• Love
Reactions: RNHurt

BushAl

Aug 27, 2024
High / Low beam hints as per recent windscreen wiper change. We live in the bush and Wallabies etc don't have good road sense. At night the headlights stay on low beam (at lower speeds) way too long on a bush roads. a press on the stalk either way to nudge them up / down would help.

JAR

Aug 27, 2024
Allow the horizontal left or right adjustment of the Tesla screen for a better viewing angle for both the driver or front passenger.
FSD did not recognize the smashboard (railroad type) gate at the entrance to my community. Tried several times, but was always forced to quickly apply brake pedal.

MasonOhioBrewer

Aug 27, 2024
My top request is very simple. Please bring back the ability to adjust regen braking. Every other electric car manufacturer gives you that. I’d love it if my wife could drive the car without getting freaked out by the regen braking.

• Love
Reactions: Lui

beachmiles

Aug 28, 2024
1a) Reduced height and width of center console so knees don't smash against plastic. Make top of center console flush or below seat.
1b) Remove center console in footwell and by knees allowing your legs and knees and feet to spread out. The Hyundai ionic 5 gets close to doing this right.

2) Add a heater off button or better yet 2 temp setpoints like a true home thermostat which would also allow for a true vent mode. Right now the PTC cabin heater tends to still be used when only cooling is desired unless temp is set to LO. I don't want to waste power heating the car when it's hot out and I don't want Luke cold air blowing on me. The HVAC guy is terribly designed anyways, remove the huge display of the car and add a nest thermostat gui for the driver and passenger.

3) More vents for the front seat, I want air blowing on my face and lower chest at the same time. The lower vent only hits my feet.

4) stalks returned to all new vehicles. Turn signal haptic touch buttons do belong on a moving wheel.

5) make touchscreen buttons larger and with better contrast. The HVAC buttons in the main HVAC gui are terribly small and hard to see.

6) Add the internal cabin temp next to the outdoor temp on the top of the screen. Show miles remaining and the battery percentage inside the battery icon.

Last edited:

fabtotum1

Aug 28, 2024
One very annoying thing, that would be easily solvable via a software update, is volume normalization among audio sources!
I usually switch between radio stations and the same stations provided via TuneIn (other cars do it automatically), due to tunnels or other signal interruptions. I have always to adjust the volume back and forth.
Another convinent addition would be the ETA during navigation provided also in the left side of the screen: I usually leave the media panel open, especially when I need the navigation only for traffic information purposes.

remixguys

Aug 27, 2024
How about something small and easy to implement-the main display-can we put the word TESLA on the back plate, currently its blank. One other thing-trains still show as trucks passing by on the screen. I know these are minor but should be easy to implement.

shaunshaun

Aug 28, 2024
Instead of specifying one exact temperature for the cabin, how about a range? I heat my house only to 68 in the winter and I air condition it only down to 78 in the summer. I'm comfortable anywhere in that range. So why can't I do the same thing with my car? It's stupid to get into the car on a summer morning when it's warm outside but the car is still cool, and have the heat come on because it's 72 in the car and my car (presumably the A/C) is set to 76 on auto.

• Love
Reactions: beachmiles