Discuss: Tesla's Robotaxi Event - We, Robot - Everything Announced

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Hmmm... after reviewing some of the claims made at this event and the "generous" timelines of Tesla predictions in the past, I have a hard time really believing that we'll all be riding around in Cybercabs anytime soon. Maybe FSD in a Cybercab is 100x better than my MX, but I know that my car absolutely cannot function without driver controls in the real world. It would crash within minutes of entering a Chick-fil-A parking lot :LOL:

I do like the direction Tesla are going I'm just not super confident that they can get there in any reasonable amount of time. Additionally, other companies and countries seem to be gaining ground fairly quickly, which puts more pressure on Tesla to perform and live up to presented timelines.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
We'll see I suppose. Pretty cool concepts / prototypes.
FWIW- FSD in our cars isn't likely to crash at all. My main gripes are how it will speed, or not go fast enough (no pleasing me I suppose) and the routing is inefficient or just silly at times. This 12.5.4.1 or whatever I'm on now seems a little better about moving over into the appropriate lane when a turn is coming up, so that's good. I don't remember a disengagement that was to avoid a collision in a while.
I've also seen some strange behavior when you re-engage on a route, that's a time to be extra vigilant.