Discuss: Tesla's Model Y Juniper Refresh: What to Expect & Wishlist

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Sounds great. I dont see the benefit for steer by wire tho. It may save costs on engineering/production, but this is such a critical component - i am not ready to trust it fully yet in case of power outage on the system or other failures. Does anyone know if it gives Feedback? What if the road tilts and the tires turn itself? Does it give this Feedback back to the steering wheel or doesnt it turn at all when youre not touching it?

pg13

Aug 14, 2024
This big missing item in your list is Powershare. We were told that all 2025 models would get it... With climate disasters happening more frequently everywhere, having a mobile 80kWh+ power source would be priceless.

Reactions: K.I.T.T.

carlmoss

Aug 18, 2024
Please Tesla, reconsider removing the signalling stalk from the Model Y in the Juniper refresh. For non-USA (especially here in UK), this would be VERY UNSAFE given the large number of traffic round-abouts we have. It will be a nightmare trying to find the wretched left/right-turn buttons if their position is unpredictable when turning the steering wheel!

Reactions: joe_apxc

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Please Tesla, reconsider removing the signalling stalk from the Model Y in the Juniper refresh. For non-USA (especially here in UK), this would be VERY UNSAFE given the large number of traffic round-abouts we have. It will be a nightmare trying to find the wretched left/right-turn buttons if their position is unpredictable when turning the steering wheel!
It takes a couple of weeks to get used to. Much more the problematic the removal of the right stalk. Remember when you were parking blindly? Well, now not only you have to look at the screen for sliding the arrows, but must also check twice if you got it right, or if you didn't resist the "natural" impulse of sliding down for D and up for R. All in all, removing the stalks could have been achieved by buttons or paddles on the back.

carlmoss

Aug 18, 2024
It takes a couple of weeks to get used to. Much more the problematic the removal of the right stalk. Remember when you were parking blindly? Well, now not only you have to look at the screen for sliding the arrows, but must also check twice if you got it right, or if you didn't resist the "natural" impulse of sliding down for D and up for R. All in all, removing the stalks could have been achieved by buttons or paddles on the back.
I can see the after-market boys go crazy with an array of dingle dangle dongles 🕹️🖲️🎚️🎛️🪛

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
As a 2023 MYP owner, I have a few requests.

1. Above all, make it more comfortable, and by that I mostly mean noise control. I would prefer substantially less road noise and somewhat less wind noise. And I would definitely like suspension that is more comfortable.
2. 10% more range would solve a number of road trip issues out here in the western US.
3. Cooled or ventilated seats. (I live in Phoenix. My Infiniti has cooled seats, and it's a main reason I bought that particular car.)
4. Powered frunk (I guess I'm pretty happy with the car if this is one of my 'major' annoyances.
5. Better charging curve. Guessing this won't change as long as the Panasonic batteries are in play.

This car is a near-perfect blend of capability and compromise. Performance is fine, though I'd never pick the Model Y for high-speed driving performance. (M3P all the way!) Around town I have zero issues. On the road, that road noise comes into play.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
I can see the after-market boys go crazy with an array of dingle dangle dongles 🕹️🖲️🎚️🎛️🪛
Already happening. I hate all that collateral waste production, but honestly. this time it's justified.
Companies should normally incorporate these side innovations, in this case it would be rather odd, as the deficiency they are trying to solve is... caused by Tesla.