Discuss: Tesla Updates FSD Package, Can Now Only Buy FSD Supervised

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
This is a worrying sign IMO. Unless Tesla is going to keep charging $8k for FSD supervised and more for the 'completed' package. Whenever that may happen. I'd say 'if / when' that will happen but I'm trying to be optimistic.

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
It certainly just be Tesla being more transparent on their FSD offering and not committing to anything in the future to prevent lawsuits or people from getting upset, but you're right, it could mean a lot more. Will we see an Unsupervised package like you said, will Tesla keep unsupervised to themselves for the robotaxi network? Unfortunately, we won't know until at least October 10th.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

DataBitz

Apr 5, 2023
This seems to only be in specific countries, USA?
Checking Tesla sites in most other countries and it still shows the "Full Self-Driving Capability" option and statements that the USA used to see.
If it was for legal reasons etc, why wouldn't they change it globally. It's more likely to do with the maturity and level that FSD has got to, just in the USA currently.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

None

Sep 24, 2024
Have had FSD since 2018. Received a concerning e-mail with far reaching implications. The email appears to imply that my purchase of FSD in 2018 was only for Supervised. Stayed hopeful, but feel lawsuits are really needed unless Tesla makes it right for all FSD holders with an announcement during the 10/10 event. Envision this being a hardware retrofit for existing cars or a free no strings attached transfer to a new Tesla with unsupervised FSD. Tesla mislead the public into thinking unsupervised FSD was just another year away for about the past decade.

“You still have time to transfer your Full Self-Driving (Supervised) to a new Tesla when you take delivery by September 30, 2024.*

As a Tesla owner, you will also receive $1,000 off your new purchase price through the Refer and Earn program** for your loyalty. “

Last edited: