Discuss: Tesla Confirms Hardware 3 is Robotaxi Ready

zroger73

Jun 3, 2024
Lars' answer about HW3 was anything but confident and convincing.

I wasn't willing to pay for a feature that may or may never work when I bought my '23 Model Y with HW3, so if it is never able to drive itself for the remainder of the time I own it, I haven't lost anything.

I plan to purchase another Tesla in a year or two, which will have HW4 or HW5. If it can drive itself and the cost of the feature is reasonable to me, I'll buy it.

Reactions: RNHurt and Sylvain

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
What else do you expect Tesla to say at this point? Since FSD doesn't exist no one can argue either way.
IMO Tesla has churned through a LOT of customers because FSD isn't finished, add to that the service issues during the growth period and you have a lot of good will down the drain. Then, add to that Elon and even more good will is gone.
I hate to be the 'shut up and play basketball' person but I really feel like saying that to Elon and Tesla :) . Stop announcing future stuff and stop promoting BS on X, just get FSD working.
Once FSD is perfected (if??) we all know for SURE there will still be years of convincing the relevent government agencies to okay it. The insurance companies will have to adjust.

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Well, at this point i learnt to not take any promises for granted at Tesla. But its fine. I bought my 2021 M3 with HW3 to keep it on long term (no leasing) and i see everything that gets to my hardware as bonus, as it wasnt there when i bought it. Luckily, the FSD Package was already on it and it did not affect the price because i bought it second hand. Apart from that, its fun to drive and i would not wanna miss it but i still do hope FSD makes its way over here :D

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Well, at this point i learnt to not take any promises for granted at Tesla. But its fine. I bought my 2021 M3 with HW3 to keep it on long term (no leasing) and i see everything that gets to my hardware as bonus, as it wasnt there when i bought it. Luckily, the FSD Package was already on it and it did not affect the price because i bought it second hand. Apart from that, its fun to drive and i would not wanna miss it but i still do hope FSD makes its way over here :D
I'm learning to accept the fact that my '20 MX will probably always be behind on updates, even the fun ones. My plan going forward is to just enjoy the car for the next several years and move to a newer one when a major update happens.

Things I'm wanting in my next Tesla (probably a MX):
  • 48v architecture
  • front bumper camera
  • proportional steering / steer-by-wire
  • interior updates (accent lighting, rear display(s), etc.)
Basically a Cybertruck but without all the cyber or truck. 😆

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
I'm learning to accept the fact that my '20 MX will probably always be behind on updates, even the fun ones. My plan going forward is to just enjoy the car for the next several years and move to a newer one when a major update happens.

Things I'm wanting in my next Tesla (probably a MX):
  • 48v architecture
  • front bumper camera
  • proportional steering / steer-by-wire
  • interior updates (accent lighting, rear display(s), etc.)
Basically a Cybertruck but without all the cyber or truck. 😆
Add 240V sockets for the trunk and frunk on your list and i would be happy too :D

• Love
Reactions: RNHurt