Discuss: Tesla Announces Supercharger Voting Winners for Q3 2024, Opens Q4 Voting

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Huh, we made the list. Prescott AZ.
It’s an honor just to be nominated :) . I saw we were ‘in development’ back on the 18th via supercharger.info .

phxazcraig

Apr 4, 2024
Starting in 1980, I used to ride my BMW up to Prescott almost weekly, on Saturdays, have lunch, and turn around and come back. Routed via Wickenburg and Yarnell, and leaned pretty good through the curves. 110 miles one way. Since 1980, I think I've only been to or from Prescott on I-17 less than 10 times out of 400 or so visits.

It strikes me now that I always had to fill up in Prescott as I was just a bit short in range to do 220 miles once the BMW gas tanks dropped to 5.7 gallons and less. Of course we were running quite high speeds on the way there, dropping down into the double digits when we slowed on the desert straights.

And now my car may need the same top-up, depending on the speeds I go getting there.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
For the time being we have EA charges at Yavapai College and plenty of hotels with overnight chargers. From what I've seen things take forever to get permitted here so I wouldn't hold your breath :)