Discuss: Is Tesla Removing Free Spotify Premium in Europe?

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
I wouldn’t doubt it. All those freebies have to stop at some point. Sadly it doesn’t take long to listen to the whole catalog of a particular genre on LiveOne. So that’s a hard sell to get me to pay for it when I already have Apple Music and everything that comes with it. I’m sure people with Spotify feel the same way.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
I wouldn’t doubt it. All those freebies have to stop at some point. Sadly it doesn’t take long to listen to the whole catalog of a particular genre on LiveOne. So that’s a hard sell to get me to pay for it when I already have Apple Music and everything that comes with it. I’m sure people with Spotify feel the same way.
I don't know LiveOne, but Spotify was a full access, only anonymous. Considering that we are paying for data connectivity (i.e. nowadays for nothing) it wasn't a bad idea keeping some services included.

For instance, it happens often that audio apps such as Spotify lose the login, and you realize that only while driving, so not the most comfortable time for fixing it, even just by means of QR scanning. So having a fallback wasn't bad at all.

That said, Spotify's audio quality on Tesla ain't great, but they have a better interface than other services (tried Tidal, Amazon, etc.).

mucfloh

Sep 30, 2024
I as a German Tesla owner can confirm the rumor: since Saturday, our Tesla still uses the Tesla account for Spotify but it has changed (automatically) into a free account with
- advertising
- no unlimited skipping of songs
- no selection of single songs possible (only lists or radios)
Tried it this morning and again had only a „limited“ account using the Tesla account.

In a big German forum I seem to be the only one (yet) but who knows…asking Tesla for advice I received the (automatic) answer that for streaming a „paid account“ is needed for the desired service (a remark that wasn‘t on Teslas German website until 2023 as I learned)