Discuss: FSD v12.5.4 (Update 2024.27.25) Release Notes

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla app update 2024.27.25 includes ASS (Actually Smart Summon), FSD (Supervised) v12.5.3, Vision-Based Attention Monitoring, Full Self-Driving (Supervised), YouTube Music, Go on Green, Vision Speed Limits, Amazon Music, Castle Doombad Classic, Parental Controls, Weather Forecast and Air Quality, Schedule Charge and Preconditioning, Navigate to Sub-Destinations, Other Updates, Security Improvements, Reduce Fan Speed During Calls, New Key Required Screen, Improved Front Camera Clarity, Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Chime, New Ambient Lighting Options, Improved Climate Panel. View Release Notes

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Watched Rocco's drive with 12.5.4 and the speed issues are still there. That really needs to get fixed. With 12.5.2 I don't have to touch the steering wheel but if I leave the auto max speed setting on I have to disengage because it speeds, and if I set the speed to a % over I have to goose the accelerator because it drives too slow. Once that gets fixed I'll actually be able to NOT intervene in any way for long distances.
He also said the sunglasses detection was working pretty well.

Reactions: RNHurt

Bloggin

Jul 15, 2023
Testing this update for the past few days. Noticed a few new issues:

1. It has difficulty with unprotected right turns, where in certain situations, it tries to turn in front of cars proceeding at very close range. Had to brake a few times to stop the car. First time it tried and hesitated in the middle of the turn, and I accelerated through the turn to avoid an accident. This was not an issue with the previous version.

2. It hesitates on making unprotected right turns in general. It goes slower and is less confident in the decision than the previous build. It handles right turns just fine, very confident so far. Not an issue with previous version.

3. When making right turns onto a three lane road, it makes a wide turn partly in the middle lane, centers itself in the right lane, then properly lane changes into the middle lane. Not an issue with previous version

4. It struggles with smooth braking at intersections when there are lead cars coming to a more rapid stop. My car seems to wait too late to respond to the pending stop and brakes too hard. Same as previous version.

5. The speed adjustment is better in some respects, not wanting to go too fast above speed limit on its own. I can push the accerlaror to increase speed as needed. However, it seems to use the traffic/car to the right to adjust speed, which appears as of I am speeding up as they attempt to pass, when it needs to maintain speed based on traffic ahead. Improvement over last version.

Have not used the summon feature. Waiting for the ability for the car to drive to the destination, and reverse park itself on I'd own. Most importantly, to drive home and back into the driveway, into the garage and park itself ready for charging. MyQ already opens the garage door.

The vision based monitoring works great....have not have a warning since testing the new version.