Discuss: A Look at Tesla's First V4 Superchargers in the U.S.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Oh good! I was wondering when the US would get some V4s.
I wonder how long it will take before the V4s are the new standard installs? Seems like once the V3 came it that became they only type installed quickly.
Does anyone else feel we could still use slower chargers at retail locations? Particularly if that means more stalls. Even with the 75kW chargers I had to move my car before I finished a meal never mind watching a movie or shopping.

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Does anyone else feel we could still use slower chargers at retail locations? Particularly if that means more stalls. Even with the 75kW chargers I had to move my car before I finished a meal never mind watching a movie or shopping.
We absolutely need slower chargers at retail locations! In fact, I can see these slower chargers being installed everywhere and traditional "gas stations" being closed or repurposed. Just because we've had corner gas stations for the past 100 years doesn't mean they will continue to be a viable business model.

As more and more BEVs are introduced the need for charging everywhere is only going to increase. It generally doesn't affect me because I can charge at home and rarely need to visit a SuperCharger (or any charger for that matter). However, not everyone has this luxury and will depend on charging at the grocery store or the movies or the gym.

I think the ultimate solution will be to have charging stations at a growing number of "normal" parking spaces around the country. This takes away the range anxiety as well as the problem of blocking a charger. Once chargers become common-place then it won't matter where you park; just pull in and plug in (if you need to).

P.S. this also solves the ICEing problem. 😁

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard