Discuss: 2024.20.1 Release Notes (Updated)

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
Tesla software update 2024.20.1 includes Headlights Adapt for Curves, Adaptive Headlight Improvements, Autopilot Suspension, Beach Buggy Racing 2 - Supercharger Races, Hot Weather Improvements, Security Improvements. View Release Notes

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Same for Italy. Like we don't have curves? Cannot be compliance-related, come on. Unless, like autopilot... it's camera-based and not steering-wheel based, then...

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Good question on the headlights, I thought the EU had more modern rules about headlights and they were already active there!

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
Good question on the headlights, I thought the EU had more modern rules about headlights and they were already active there!
Indeed they are. And so are features like autopark, are present with all competitor brands. The complication is only on tesla's side, most probably for being stubborn about the use of vision instead of other more reliable means of determining distance from "frangible" objects such as people, like USS, radars, etc...

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
KITT,
Yeah, I see that now. I'm just sitting here with my 2024.3.25 and waiting for my FSD 12.4.X The other updates are just cool, fun, fluff for me.

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
Indeed they are. And so are features like autopark, are present with all competitor brands. The complication is only on tesla's side, most probably for being stubborn about the use of vision instead of other more reliable means of determining distance from "frangible" objects such as people, like USS, radars, etc...
It just doesn’t stack up as we are able to use vision based Autopilot but don’t have the Autopark. What’s the difference?

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
It just doesn’t stack up as we are able to use vision based Autopilot but don’t have the Autopark. What’s the difference?
Have no idea. But sure there's a reason why only Tesla cannot deliver on this "compliance" matter.
Probably they are too much US focused. I give you an example: I noticed that the "green light chime" is gone.
I signaled to Tesla that their red/green light recognition is flawed, because it's based on the principle that lanterns are on the opposite end of the crossing, like in the US, while everywhere else in the world you literally stop AT a red light (i.e. not because you see it on the opposite end of the crossing).
There's a complicated crossing in a square of Milan, where I would ALWAYS get the chime engaged when another lantern in front of me, but not pertaining my segment, was turning green. Obviously autopilot shall monitor ONLY the lantern closest to the car, not the redundant lantern far away (which for the US market is the only one). Imagine what unsupervised FSD would do...

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
About headlights, yesterday I had my first "night drive" on the Highland for 3 hours.

Have to say, Matrix pretty good, except, if you flash cars, auto-blinders gets disabled, unless (funny) you flash again OR go through the pain of opening the light panel, DISABLE auto-blinders and re-enable them.

On one occasion I saw a transport truck opposite lane flashing, might have been blinded...

I did not understand if curve adaptation is already engaged or not, because I could not find any dark spot in corners. I have to say, on my former BMW and Merc I had more chances of going on curvy hills by night, so I would literally see the beams shifting laterally. On the highway I did not notice such movement yesterday, but, again, didn't find dark spots either in the direction of the curve...

What I don't understand is if these rollouts (matrix, curve adaptation) are for pre-Highland models...

zag164

Jan 23, 2023
Tesla software update 2024.20.1 includes Headlights Adapt for Curves, Adaptive Headlight Improvements, Autopilot Suspension, Beach Buggy Racing 2 - Supercharger Races, Hot Weather Improvements, Security Improvements. View Release Notes
Your website shows that the 'Headlights adapt for curves' feature is not relevant in the UK. I received this update yesterday and it is incliuded in the release notes so you may want to correct this.

Reactions: EVSteveA

EVSteveA

Jan 19, 2023
I d
Your website shows that the 'Headlights adapt for curves' feature is not relevant in the UK. I received this update yesterday and it is incliuded in the release notes so you may want to correct this.
id not notice anything different driving in the UK TBH

Procal

Jun 12, 2024
The article seems a bit misleading, at least for the US market 2024 Tesla Model 3 LR (highland). I tested the headlights on a 2-hour night drive and did not see the matrix functionality being active at all. When I went into the light settings I noticed it only mentions "Auto high beams" with the added line of it being able to adapt to curves, but there was no mention of matrix functionality or that individual pixels would dim. I'm not sure if this is exclusive to the new Model 3 LR.

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
There are two entries for adaptive headlights. They're slightly different. One is only available in the US and Canada, and the other is available in Europe. The European one also includes farther illumination on the roadway.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
The article seems a bit misleading, at least for the US market 2024 Tesla Model 3 LR (highland). I tested the headlights on a 2-hour night drive and did not see the matrix functionality being active at all. When I went into the light settings I noticed it only mentions "Auto high beams" with the added line of it being able to adapt to curves, but there was no mention of matrix functionality or that individual pixels would dim. I'm not sure if this is exclusive to the new Model 3 LR.
This isn't full matrix support like it's available in Europe, but it appears to be the start of supporting adaptive headlights in North America.