A.S.S. Draining battery parked at airport?

raldrich

Apr 12, 2024
I parked my MY at the airport and am on a 2 week trip. I’ve done this several times before without a problem. However, recently, I got A.S.S. and didn’t think to turn it off. Sentry mode can be turned off from the app (I did that the day after parking), but I don’t see a way to turn off Summon. Battery is still draining about 4% per day and it was at 45% when I parked. If it can’t be disabled remotely, I hope that it turns off like sentry mode at SOC 20%. Any others have any experience with this?

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
That’s very possible! I think (IIRC) I left summon off for that reason.That’ the original summon vs ASS. I’d assume there is a 20% shut off like you’re guessing!

Coalie

Oct 6, 2024
Yes! Thank you for posting this as I had exactly the same situation. It is absolutely INSANE that the default is to have summon standby turned on and also no way to turn it off from the app. One wonders what they could possibly have been thinking. A very near misstotal discharge situation narrowly averted. Needless to say upon returning from my trip, I disabled summon standby from the car menu as my first act. I think I probably must’ve done this years ago when I first got my car, but with the ASS update the situation renewed itself without any warning. Cmon Elon, we love you, know you can do better than that.