2024.15.15 with 12.4.3

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Forgot to mention- it does amazingly well in our monsoon rains. I was surprised and impressed. My gripes now are getting pretty nit-picky vs the tremendous advancements made in just the last year.
We'll know it's made another leap forward when the price goes up.

Reactions: EdinEPTX

moortime

Aug 14, 2023
Eastham Massachusetts
I got 2024.15.15, FSD 12.4.3 about a week ago on my Model Y. Two things I've noticed are unnecessary lane changes into the left lane (even with minimize lane changes on), and a tendency to slow down quite a bit when making turns. Other than that it's been good. As anticipated, the steering wheel nags are gone, but they return if you're wearing sunglasses.
The new driver monitor is really a pain. Yes people wear sunglasses in the sun so why get a warning "you are wearing sunglasses " within a day I lost a good driver due to me changing radio stations. Oh please

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Well,
Once again I'm not impressed. I set my profile to 'average' from assertive, it NEVER starts FSDs in Average. Still wants to be in a left lane for no reason on one of our 4 lane roads. Still doesn't understand the Gurley St / Sheldon St / Hwy 69 / Hwy 89 transition coming into town. That is, if I should be in the left lane it won't select that lane and at the last possible moment will change if I don't stop it. It didn't give enough space to a pickup with its driver door open in my neighborhood.
The thing is- we really don't know what to check with these updates. That is- none of these issues were supposed to be fixed in 12.5 as far as we know. Being that I drive the same roads daily I just see the same things of course. One thing that I didn't see - I didn't see any unnecessary turn signals this time around.
There may be some improvement in the time it takes to realize it's okay to go from a stop sign. Maybe.

Reactions: moortime

DonSp

Jul 19, 2024
You reminded me- the driving profile is always aggressive in spite of me setting it to anything else. Once I turn on FSD it is aggressive. That's strange.
Yes, I've also noticed that. My recollection is that in earlier versions the default was something other than aggressive.