2 Errors Reported in Service Mode

Yld2rob

Aug 12, 2024
So I just got a 2024 M3P. I see a service alert showing up when I go into service mode.

#1. SCCM_a016_Hardware Error- Steering Column Control Module- Steering stalk hardware error detected. Inspect wiring to SCCM/ and or re-flash

#2. DIF_a092_bmsMIA- The drive interface DI or drive inverter Dix electronic control unit detects that the high voltage HV battery management system BMS controller area network CAN node is missing. The DI ECU is not receiving the expected CAN communication from the BMS and considers it irrational or MIA

So in layman's terms, are these critical? The car seems to drive fine. Can these be fixed remotely or do I have to take it in? First paint issues, which they had my car for a week and a half and now this......

joe_apxc

Feb 20, 2024
Hmm i dont know the errors but i would open a service request and let Tesla Diagnose those error code, they will tell you if you should let them fix asap. The second error has something to do with the Battery Management System. So this one i would definetly get checked by Tesla when you're still in warranty.

Greetings Joe