FSD improvements needed

ForestBob

Apr 26, 2024
I like the new FSD but it must be modified to recognise advisory speed limit sighn (yellow) as it does not slow down for sharp curves.
Also, should look further ahead and slow for roundabouts as it tries to negotiate 15mph roundabout at the posted speed - scary!

sunshine200837

Mar 24, 2024
I agree with you on that but also badly needed is it needs to slow down when not with other traffic, many times fed is going 10 to 15mph higher than the speed limit and doesn't slow down in a timely manner when speed limit goes down. FSD seems to want a speeding ticket or something. I've heard many complain that it is going too slow but it can go too fast too. I don't know if it is possible, but some sort of setting so that you can tell fed that it has a mobility scooter and platform on its hitch and not someone following close. Trailer mode is not the solution.

EdinEPTX

Apr 21, 2024
I agree with you on that but also badly needed is it needs to slow down when not with other traffic, many times fed is going 10 to 15mph higher than the speed limit and doesn't slow down in a timely manner when speed limit goes down. FSD seems to want a speeding ticket or something. I've heard many complain that it is going too slow but it can go too fast too. I don't know if it is possible, but some sort of setting so that you can tell fed that it has a mobility scooter and platform on its hitch and not someone following close. Trailer mode is not the solution.
Turn off the automatic speed offset. set your offset to what you like. Problem solved (its what I did because of same issue)

Reactions: RNHurt